Help through rough times

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jeremy, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I would like to thank the members of this forum for helping me get through some very rough times recently.

A month ago I lost an uncle and close friend within the same week. I have also been unemployed for the past eight months. I have found comfort in the postings on the forum and the examples of generosity of the members. I am glad I stumbled upon Joerg's YouTube page one day while looking for archery videos (not sure how that happened, but hey it got me here).

Again, I would like to thank the forum members for everything you have done for me since I joined a few short months ago.

Jeremy

2. Jeremy

I am happy to report that I just accepted a position this week and start work the first week of November.

Maybe now I can buy some of the amazing SS I see for sale on the forum, as well as try to make my own.

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Jeremy,

we share the rough time and the thankfulness!-
    And I think also the joy of being welcome here,
    among creative minds and craftsmen "on a mission"!

Although I personally suffered from too much work,
    I enjoy to get in contact with the youngster i was
    back in time, enthusiastic, curious, and frank for
    other ideas and people..

I have to say thank you to YOU!- for being a friend,
    having grounded me and for being who you are.
    To you and all the others (I would forget someone,
    therefor no one shall be named here..)

I love this ship, the stay aboard,

Cheers,

Be

4. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Or one day you may find a gift on the roadside :)

Great to hear those news :)

Take care!-

Be

5. Jeremy

Thank you Be.

I knew I would forget (and possibly offend) some if I named people. I have no plans on leaving the forum anytime soon, I enjoy the interaction way to much. :)

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Great news Jeremy! You had mentioned Oregon at one point, is that in your future? Glad to hear you found some solace among the members here. It is a very good group of folks all over the world.

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I agree with what you said. The generosity on this forum is astounding and humbling. I don't think I've seen anything like it on any other forum. There are a bunch of amazing people on this forum and I'm happy to be apart of it.

I'm so glad to see things are heading in the right direction for you!

8. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

We are happy that you are on board Jeremy. Glad to hear that things are going well for you now!

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Hey Jeremy, congrats on the new job!

And thanks for the kind words.

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I love to help good people and it makes me happy to know that you are getting over your problems. The forum aways helps me to distract from stress. Sometimes it causes me trouble with my Girl...."you care too much about slingshots and too litlle about me"....
    But anyway, if you need to talk sometime, feel free to contact!! Email or pm or skype.
    Last week I had a long and funny conversation on skype with BeMahoney. Very nice to know better our international friends!!!

11. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Jeremy, dude I'm happier than a pig in ssb that you got a jizob! Sometimes when the world gets you down its good to immerse ones self in work to the point of not being even able to think about bad things. Try to keep a PMA, in every dark cloud is a silver lining.

12. Jeremy

I was offered a position with a company in Oregon, but I accepted a position with a company in Michigan that will let me stay in UT. I will have to travel a bit.

13. zurk021414

zurk021414 New Member

Yep, Jeremy, know how it can be. In a 2 year period we lost my dad, my grandfather, a favorite great aunt, a friend committed suicide. The wife's now been working for about a year and a half, after a 2 year period without a job. I'm semi-retired, so there wasn't a lot of money. We had our health, and my wife of 34 years is a gem beyond diamonds.

Glad to hear things are looking up.