The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

As an airgun, traditional (3D) archery and slingshot enthusiast I've been watching / reading a lot over the years on many forums like this one and decided to finally, at least, join in on the conversations.

My pride 'n joy slingshot is a South African produced, single post/band mix between a slingshot and catapult named a Slingcat. Good luck trying to find much info on it on the www.

My other 2 mass produced specimens are:
  • Crosman Vortex, modified with added whisker biscuit to shoot full length trad arrows,
  • ManKung S-08, fitted with Trumark tapered bands.

I mostly use them to plink around in the backyard and quite enjoy shooting my 3D archery targets with the Crosman with some trad carbon shaft arrows from like 15m max.

I'd like to fit some flat bands to the ManKung just to evaluate the "feel" difference. I see the current tubes are already perishing where they mount onto the wire frame.

I would also like to purchase a decent flat band dedicated frame (with wrist support?) and fit some of the Theraband (spelling?) that I have stuck in a drawer somewhere. Recommendations are welcome. Just keep in mind probably none of the top models you'll recommend are available in our country, so I'll have to go the eBay route.

Thanks for reading.
Happy shooting (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts