Hello + question

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by TC_Blades, Jul 27, 2013.

1. TC_Blades

TC_Blades New Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Tslil and I am from Israel. I have been reading through the forum with much interest and would like to thank all the contributors for the wonderful posts and information here. I cannot, however, seem to find the tutorials and / or blueprints section. Could someone please direct me there?

Great to be here!!!

Best,

TC

2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Welcome to the Forum! :D
    Of course, I can help you to find the Topic. --> https://www.theslingshotforum.com/f9/
    I´am not sure, but I think I renember me that you have to be a Member for some Days, before you can download PDF files.

3. Otees

Otees Another Member

Welcome to the forum fellow 'slingshooter' :)!!!

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

5. TC_Blades

TC_Blades New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope to get the ability to download that PDF soon, and then I can perhaps share my project when it's finished :)

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello and welcome! I am excited to see the project you are going to create. We would all love to see it!

7. TC_Blades

TC_Blades New Member

I'm eager to start - but still can't find the blueprints for the hex pump gun. I could wing it and try to reconstruct the mechanism from the video, but I would rather have the PDF.

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome Tslil!

10. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Welcome and enjoy

11. TC_Blades

TC_Blades New Member

So, I have finally gained access to the PDF files (Thank you). I have been looking the design over and a few questions come up. I've run some searches and dont seem to be able to find too much. Perhaps some ove you could enlighten me.

1. In the video tutorial there is no detail about how the "inside" of the band i.e. the part directly behind the string and immediately before the nut, is rigged. Is it the same continuous rubber band going through? or is it a sling made of another material rigged to a rubber band on either side? If so, what are the pros and cons of using a paracord VS. Steel wire VS steel cable?

Note: Im playing around with the idea of sliding a steel cable into a rubber tube in place of the paracord. Has anyone tried this?

2. I am thinking about weighing the shot up by filling the threaded bore of the nuts with molten copper or lead. Will this have a positive effect in your opinion as far as range and accuracy?

Thanks in advance for your insight and experience :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013