Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by dannytsg, Jun 20, 2013.

1. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Hi all,

Joined the forum after finding it on the slingshot channel on YouTube and being inspired by the crazy creations and the amazing craftsmanship involved.

I have recently developed an interest in slingbows as the concept here in the UK hasn't really been commercialized or explored much. I am now starting to make my own hand-made slingbows and slingshots to promote them and I am hopefully going to try and advertise slingbows as a cheaper alternative for people to start archery and having fun outdoors.

I have started the first dedicated UK association for slingbow shooting to try and advance the sport and just launched the website here:

http://www.uksaa.webs.com

Hopefully being on forums such as this will help build the awareness of the sport and encourage people to try it.

Thanks
    Dan

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello and welcome, glad to have you here! I really like the idea of slingbows, and agree that they are not widely recognized as the powerful weapons that they are. Great idea starting a club dedicated to them! When people realize how much fun they can have at such a reasonable cost, they will become more popular.

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

That was the reason for me starting the association as it should allow us to offer advice to those who are looking to get into the sport.

4. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome to the forum Danny!

5. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

6. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome.

7. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Hello and glad you are here, welcome!