Hello from the U.P. of Michigan,USA

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Ravensbull, May 28, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Hello to everybody! Thanks to Joerg's videos along with Bill Hayes,DGUI,Flatband and several other fantastic members,shooters,and builders I have become completely "infected" with the SS bug again after not shooting for 2O or so years..! There is so much creative inspiration and friendly folks in this addictive sport that it's no wonder why we all embrace the magical feeling of all aspects of what is possible to achieve! Good luck and bullseye bustin' to all!

2. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

3. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hello and welcome.
    Lucky you, no one have found the serum against that kind of "infection" yet.;)

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thank you both Saderath and tokSick for the welcome! Yeah no kidding about any serum bro! Don't want one either... Just feed it like a drug addiction but so much more postive,rewarding and most most certainely prefered over that..!
    Can't quit running the scroll saw or shooting the new cuts before they even have a good sanding other than softening the edges well...
    Got any advice on how to upload pictures from a Samsung Galaxy phone? It's all i currently have internet access with

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you here and hope that we can help feed your addiction;)
    I've done all my uploading recently with a Samsung Galaxy 3 without any issues. Are you having trouble?

6. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys, glad to be here!
    As far as the uploading goes, this phone is still a bit new to me and this is the first time i've considered posting any pics. I see where i can manage attachments but don't understand how to get images from my gallery there...
    I'd sure appreciate any advice Will and thanks for your response! Fumbling with these new experiences a bit...

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is a pity. The galaxy is such a fast phone, but so miserably unintuitive! I usually select 'manage attachments' and the click on one of the 10 'choose file' options. This usually directs me to my 'gallery' (stored/saved photos). Then I select a file/photo and click 'upload.' You should see the file name beside one of the 10 'upload file' slots. This tells you it has been uploaded. At this point the photo or file will be placed in your response/reply box (you may not see it until you 'preview post' or just 'post') but it really is there! After uploading, click the 'close window' button to return to the main screen followed by 'post thread' or 'post quick reply'. Please forgive the off topic photos in this thread, I was trying to remind myself of the steps.

Attached Files:

9. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Hi Will "welcome to the Machine" so to speak,lol. My mother grew up in the U.P. in a small town named Rock and also Gwen. I have not been back there myself since the early 1960's. I remember lots of forests, everybody had a sauna and I never saw worse mosquitoes! I remember getting into quite a bit of trouble that trip, something to do with firecrackers I think:eek:. Wish I had a slingshot back then. Welcome to the forum!

10. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks a bunch Will! I got to figuring thing around now. No problem with those pics by me bro! Looks to be like you got excellent bass fishing there! We have some largemouth but far more abundant smallmouth. Walleye are the main hunt though! Also panfish for the table and pike/muskies for thrillers:eek:

11. roger59

roger59 Member

have ye got any wares to share?

12. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks Traveler! Sounds like well before my seed got planted since last time you were in these woods... I'm sure if you came back though you'd find that there is still plenty of woods but lots of private property. I haven't been far enough north to Gwin or Rock in quite a few years since my buddy sold his camp.But those are still small town areas and you certainly can't miss these damn mosquitoes! The woodticks are rowdy this year as well, unfortunately... Lots of good Redneck times to still be had though!!! :D

13. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I'll see what I can do tomorrow. It's very late (well early am) here and I'll be screwed for work if i don't blink a few times

14. Traveler

Traveler Junior Member

Excuse me Will, the post was meant for Ravensbull:D

15. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

No harm done, Traveler! It was my marathon post and test uploads that lead to the confusion

16. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG]

Welcome to the forum Ravensbull[​IMG] Laughing... I think it's good that you got hooked again. It happens to the best of us.
    [​IMG]

@Will - THANKS for helping with the phone. Don't worry about those photos. That was really nice of you. Wow! That's some fish you got there.

17. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks Thistle! You seem to be a very prominent member and good spirited person from reading your other posts! You along with others of your friendliness and helpful nature make this forum Tops and well gathered n feeling "family like" of sorts..! Or maybe more like "Joerg's World Wide Zombie Apocalypse Militia" :D

18. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

still picture issues?!

I'm feeling like an idiot, but when I push the "choose file" button in "manage attachments" it flashes blue but does nothing else..?! I had no problems with the profile or avatar image selecting as it automatically went to my gallery. Can some please help or tell me what I'm missing? Very frustrated with it to say the least

19. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

Ack! I'm nobody Ravensbull. I'm still trying to figure out which end of the slingshot we're suppose to shoot with. [​IMG]

But, yeah, we've got some really good folks here that I like a lot. Jorg is THE best! I'd love to know where he finds the time to do all the stuff he does. He either never sleeps or he must have little worker elves in his shop.

I know absolutely nothing about your phone. Maybe Will can come along again and provide further insight on that since he has a Samsung Galaxy.

And don't be afraid to ask Austin, our Forum Tech guy for tech assistance if you need it.

20. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Sorry you're still having difficulties. I'm surprised I haven't, technology and I are usually like cats and water!
    What you describe sounds odd. When I click the 'choose file' button, it brings up a box of various choices (Gallery, Dropbox, etc.) from which I can select a file. This may be a job for the forum tech. Sorry I couldn't do more to help you out and I hope you get it straightened up soon so we can see your pictures!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013