hello from the netherlands!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by weaponsaremypassion, Oct 26, 2013.

1. hi guys,
    Since I watched all videos on Jörgs youtube channel I thought it would be fun to look around at his forum. And yes it is! What amazing to see that there are so many slingshot fanatics!

oke now somthing about me: My name is Mike and i live in the netherlands and i am 14 years old. I love to tinker and I almost finished my first knive ( i will upload photos when it's done) and i finished my second slingshot today (i will also upload photo's from my first and second slingshot soon). My school takes lots and lots of time but when i have spare time i chill with friends or i am working on a project. I'm thinking of buying a dremel but i am not sure which one i schould buy... what dremel do you recommend?

Jörg i hope you raise your goal for the zombie wars movie. Looking forward to it :D

Mike

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the forum I lived there for 10 years

J

3. noah013

noah013 Member

Welcome to the forum Mike,
    I'm also 14 years old and I also live in the Netherlands :)

4. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

welcome from a fellow dutchie!

5. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum. I don't know that there is a particular model I'd recommend except to say that I'm not a fan of the battery operated models. I would also recommend you take a look at the Black and Decker version of the Dremel tool - it uses the same bits as the regular Dremel but costs about 1/2 as much. I don't know if B&D products are available in the Netherlands, but I do know it's available in at least some areas outside the US. I have both the Dremel and the B&D, I like them both, both are reliable, but if I had to do it again, I'd just get the B&D.

7. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Welcome Mike,

when it comes to power tools you really need to look at exactly what your planning on doing with it. lots of companies make really good rotary tools, Dremels are great and they are made by Bosch so they have a good pedigree (others may disagree), that said I have a GMC rotary tool that cost a third of what my Dremel rotary cost and came with more accessories. and they both perform the same.

I agree with Withak about the battery powered Dremel it's not much good for anything but light engraving from what I've found with the ones I've played with.

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hello to the netherlands!

Hi Mike,

welcome aboard! -To answer your question I feel I
    have to admitt I only used the "dremel" on one slingshot yet...
    But the combination I bought was a "Duro" at Aldi here´s one at ebay (20€):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Multi-Funkti...n_Heimwerker_Handwerkzeug&hash=item35cd896c3d

(you can come to Aldi/to Duitsland?) and, much more relevant, the Hitachi parts box (36€):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HITACHI-389-...rten_Heimwerker_Schleifer&hash=item4d083145b5

or including a 10.8V Accugrinder... (100€)- (Your Mom could use it
    too, to engrave names on glasses, bottles and all that :)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/HITACHI-GP-1...984?pt=Industriemaschinen&hash=item20da2feb48

good success!,

Be

9. thanks for the warm welcome and all the tips! :D
    I will look at the aldi this afternoon and i know a good dutch site that sells B&D products.