Hello from Thailand

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by sakesan, Sep 2, 2013.

1. sakesan

sakesan New Member

Hello everyone, I am Sakesan from Thailand. All my friends call me Sake or Sek. I join this website because I like the slingshot x bow video (Joerg's videos). I would like to know more about these, they seem to be very wonderful....Sake

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome to the forum Sake! The best way to learn...? Start building! :D

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome Sake! I'm building my first slingshots right now. There are some good folks here with some great information to help you along the way.

5. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, Sake!

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello and welcome Sake! Great to have you here with us.

7. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Welcome to the start of a great adventure Sake!

I'm still learning lots about building launchers. A simple one can be built out of whatever you have around. A slingshot at the end of a 2X2 (51X51mm) about 1.5 meters long is my first launcher. I learned a lot about pouches and matching the ammo weight to the rubber with it.

Hope you enjoy your time here

8. sakesan

sakesan New Member

Thank you everyone for the nice welcoming. I am of course planing to make one for myself. It will be something for pest exterminator, (I have got some rats and squirrel in my area). Yesterday I went through a few threads, and I think this is a nice place to be. Right now I am trying to gather as much information as I can before going to make one....Sake

9. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. [​IMG]

10. Otees

Otees Another Member

Welcome to the forum. Good lucking building your slingshot.

11. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Hi Sake,

I am Allan the Aussie retired to Kanchanaburi, and married to the best Thai/Japanese lady ever.

So where are you ?

I am not so much into slingbows though, just very powerful slingshots.
    Currently I shoot either double .04 latex, or triple theraband gold, stretched to 550%; min weight is 20 grams, going up to 35 plus grams.

Cheers Allan

12. sakesan

sakesan New Member

Thanks again everyone for the welcoming. Alan, I live in Ubon, which is the Easternmost part of Thailand, and Nice to know you. I actually spent most of my academic years (nearly 10 years) in Australia, a few years in Queensland, few in NSW, and few in Melbourne. Can you kindly tell me where do you get you theraban in Thailand, if you don't mind telling me offcourse. I plan to make myself a kind of sling x bow very soon. Thank you in advance....Sake

13. Y-shooter

Y-shooter Member

Welcome! Nice to have you.

14. Aussie_Al

Aussie_Al Banned

Cool sake, i buy my Theraband online and import it.

Actually I have 2 sheets arriving next week, via my mother address in Melbourne, where she posts it on from.

Other slingshot from the U.S.A. and other countries; I have delivered directly to me here; provided they fill out the Customs declaration, there are no Thai Customs restrictions on slingshots.

I suggest both Bill Hays Pocket Predator and Nathans Simple Shots as top of the line slingshot makers

Cheers Allan

15. sakesan

sakesan New Member

Thank you Alan for the information.....Sake

16. Jazztuss

Jazztuss Junior Member

17. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to TSC!

18. NickF

NickF New Member

welcome Sake! :)