Hello from Texas, USA

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by thegreyfox, Sep 15, 2013.

1. thegreyfox

thegreyfox Junior Member

I'm Daniel. I'm 33 and I live in Kemah, Texas. I have many hobbies and interests. I used to shoot slingshots when I was much younger. I had not picked up a slingshot in years until recently upon seeing Joerg's videos on youtube. I'm most interested in rubber powered crossbows and other such weapons. I've been shooting guns all my life. I used to shoot rifles competitively and have a couple medals to prove it. :D So I am most fascinated at the idea of making rubber powered guns which are practical, fun, and of course lethal if needed. Also, I am interested in exploring other uses for rubber such as rubber powered machines, ect. That could be a lot of fun to tinker with. I look forward to sharing ideas with everyone.

2. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC! You'll find lots of info here about all those different gun-style slingshots.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum thegreyfox! I also got sucked back in to slingshots via Joerg's channel. I'm sticking with slingshots for now, but I think a slingbow or crossbow will be in my plans down the road.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I too was sucked back into slingshots by Jörg's channel. For now I have a Trumark wrist rocket and I bought a slingbow that can still shoot steel balls as well. I also have plans to pick up a traditional style (or more) and try my hand at building my own.

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum! Lots of great people, great conversations and great projects on here. Looking forward to seeing your contributions!

7. Chiro

Chiro New Member

Hello Kema, I'm in Galveston. First week on the forum. Building my first today!!

8. jdhood1

jdhood1 Jeremy Hood

Welcome. I got sucked back into slingshots by my brother (bigdh2000). He said I was the shooter in the family and that, if he was going to build them, I was going to have to learn how to shoot them. Being a horrible slingshot shooter as a kid, I spent many hours on YouTube learning. I practiced a ton too. I found Bill Hays' videos helpful in learning how to easily shoot accurately. He isn't as entertaining or charismatic as Joerg, though. :) He also tends to be "rough around the edges", as a lot of Texans are (no offense), when he gets on forums like these. :) But he has some great info and is clearly a very accomplished shooter and builder.

9. Toolshed

Toolshed Member

WELCOME! Especially welcome to a fellow tinkerer! I too am constantly trying to make things "better" and "Hey, what ELSE can we use this for....."