Hello from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by rtaylor129, Dec 20, 2013.

1. rtaylor129

rtaylor129 New Member

I just signed up today after watching a ton of videos from the slingshot channel! I am very very green in this field and not very good with woodworking. Would love to get my son into this cause I am an avid pistol shoot and bow shooter as is my son but that can get really really expensive over time. So the next logical step I think is slingshots! Will have to take a look around and see what all the fuss is about :p

2. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Welcome! I too started feeling the pain on range fees and ammo. You don't need much in the way of tools to start off and skill comes with practice and practice grows from enthusiasm. Don't be shy! Show us what you make!

4. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Getting your boy into this is easy. Think about it- what is more satisfying than making a 'kill' than doing it with a weapon that you crafted with your own hands? Yes, you can get into gunsmithing and other such, but slingshots are, at their root, easy to make yet effective. Plus there is the added benefit of being able to learn and grow your craft skills together. Furthermore, you're at the right place at the right time to get the needed counsel from experience in such crafting (myself excluded- I'm still quite the newbie at building these) to make such bonding last a lifetime. So, despite the fact that you're a Yankee, lemme welcome you to the fray!

-Wild Bill

5. rtaylor129

rtaylor129 New Member

Ty for the welcome and btw I am a gunsmith :) built many ar-15 and 1911 from the steel to the range :) but alas got hurt pretty bad and now on disability :( but you are right it is a major uplift if you make your own weapons :)