Hello from Northern California

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by knifefightermike, Jul 12, 2013.

1. knifefightermike

knifefightermike New Member

Just wanted to say hi. Been watching Joerg on YouTube for about a year, finally got inspired to register here for the M10 Hex Nut Pump Gun plans. :) (Good idea there Joerg.) I've made a W slingshot based on the video tutorial, it came out pretty good, I used doubled surgical tubing and it's strong enough I can't pull it butterfly. Shoots great. Now I'm making a target slingshot from laminated layers of cherry, oak, and aluminum. Of course, the eventual goal is to make a slingshot Xbow! I'm a mechanical engineer, so hopefully someday I'll have something to contribute to the community in return for the great stuff already here. Thanks for making great vids and awesome slingshots Joerg, you're an inspiration.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello and welcome! Nice to have a fellow NorCal resident here! Very interested to see your work, that cherry, oak laminate sounds beautiful. Everyone can add something here too, no need to build crazy weapons!

3. knifefightermike

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sanding the laminate slingshot today, I will post some pics when it's finished.

"No need to build crazy weapons" ... wait... what??? ;)

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

"no need to build crazy weapons!"
    HE LIES!!!!:mad:
    No he doesn't.:p
    Just do what you can as well as you can Bro.
    Welcome to Sling World! You're gonna like it here.

5. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Welcome to the Forum Mike ;)
    I´am looking forward to your Slingshot´s :D

6. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

7. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG]
    Hello Northern Californian. Welcome to the Forum!

Yup, I agree that M10 Hex Nut Pump Gun looks like a load of fun. Good luck with your laminated project! I look forward to seeing it.

Enjoy!

8. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

9. knifefightermike

:D

Almost done, just moved to the 220 grit!

10. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

Welcome to the forums!

Think you could help me out with the 'tracer' ammunition I'm making for Joerg? I can do the electronics work, but getting ideas down for the design and possible encapsulation is a pain!

Also, SoCal here!

11. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I am a little bit late( again) :eek:
    Welcome to the forum ;)