Hello from New York. Some help requested.

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by jnmbhj, Jan 26, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Hello,
    My name is John and I am from New York, US I am 16 and I am a bit new to slingshots I do own a few but I haven't made any yet. (by myself) When I was younger my grandpa and I used to make slingshot out of heavy duty rubber bands and natural forks, and just about everything that can be used. steel tubing scrap wood rubber bands bike tires. The slingshot we made were very poor compared to Joerg's slingshots. Now that he is gone :( I want to make one dedicated to him. I have came to this Forum to see other peoples builds and to try to build a few for my self and a special one for my Grandfather. If you have any suggestions or How to's then reply or PM me. I want to make this as good as possible.

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Do you have a workshop? If not, do you have rasps, files, knives or other such tools? What you can make is, presently, limited by your available tools combines with your skill. Let us know what tools you have and your skill level and we can certainly give you some guidance.

-Wild Bill

3. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Yes I have a Workshops i have 3 rasps all different grit, and many steel files and quite a few power tools and saws. The thing that I don't have is a band saw. As for skill level I like to fix stuff using wood.

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Looks like you are about ready to go. Check the plans here and on the SSF. You are bound to find something you like. A coping saw is fine (if tedious) and cheap. Looking forward to what you do.

5. noah013

noah013 Member

You can make a natural sling out of a fork you've found somewhere in a forest or something. Or you can make a board cut if you have some multiplex/plywood (it is the same but it is called different in different countries) preference is 18 mm. If you want to make a board cut you can look in the blueprint-section just as Flipgun mentioned. Good luck!

Greetings, Noah013

6. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

I am new to this forum where can I find plans for something like a moorhammer or howitzer or something that has a low fork and looks smooth and clean looking that has a good grip.

7. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy