Hello from Montana

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Branden-Hazen, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Branden-Hazen

Branden-Hazen Branden

I think this is where we do the introductions well i have been trying to get into some slingshots lately and I fugured you guys may be able to help me find some good quality slingshots bands and I got ammo coved :)

2. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Welcome to the best forums on the net.

Everyone has their own taste in rubber, also in where to find it.
    Many use Ebay, personally I've had very good results with http://quill.com

As your North Dakota Neighbor (Fargo) may I say welcome to the forums!

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Greetings to Big Sky country from the Pacific Northwest! As Ghosth has pointed out, Ebay is a good source for rubber supplies. You can also click on the link at the top of the forum to Simple-Shot - they sell pretty much anything you would need to buy or make your own slingshots.

4. xEsoteric

xEsoteric Admirer

Montana is absolutely beautiful. I'm in Iowa and the people in this small town clap themselves on the back for being "nice" people(always hear people talk about going someplace else and knowing when they get back to Iowa because people wave), but in my experience, Montana has the genuinely "nice" people. Sure, people might wave here, be pleasant enough, but they're pretty much like anywhere else and that seems about the extent of it. When I was in Montana, people would strike up conversation and when asked for directions/help they'd literally go out of their way to do what they could. There wasn't the feeling that they were doing it because they were supposed to but because they genuinely wanted to(Don't get me wrong, people like that all over. Just seemed more common there).
    But yeah, my girlfriend at the time and I went to Helena to spend 10 days. Didn't rent a car or anything. Was almost a magical place. There were deer right in the middle of town(We were walking by a church and thought there were some very lifelike lawn decorations.. it wasn't until we drew closer that we realized they were REAL deer laying down and relaxing in the yard. We also saw a huge buck in someone's back yard.. and this was a "city", not a tiny rural town). The atmosphere was wonderful, the environment beautiful.
    Anyway, ending rant :) Welcome

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

6. Branden-Hazen

Branden-Hazen Branden

Lol I love it hear and I know there's no laws on slingshots but I kinda suck at makeing stuff exept on a lathe (I can make a mean wooden pen and bowl) and I hate the slingshots they sell around here for cheep and I'm only in the national guard and people won't hire me so I can't get a nice one so I fugured u guys may be able to give advice

7. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

If you don't mind tubes, give Trumark's a try. A tree fork natural takes almost no skill and can be banded up with office supplies. With your lathe shills, you could make a wonderful looking wooden cover for a nuts and bolts metal frame.

Attached Files: