Hello from london

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by maxhodgy, May 20, 2013.

1. maxhodgy

maxhodgy New Member

Hi, so as you might have already guessed. im new to the forum!

im not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to slingshots, but i was watching "theslingshotchanell" on youtube. and finally decided to make some of my own from what i had lying around in my room. yesterday i made one from an old compas and some pencils and today one from a pair of scissors lots of paper and lots of tape.

i started by using rubber bands, and it was quite powerful. and then on my chunkier one i used the old exercise rubber in the middle but it just snapped because its really thin, but while it worked it was excellent.

i intend to carve a wooden slingshot when i can get my hands on some nice wood, as i enjoy hand carving things. but for the time being i was thinking of getting some rubber. so ive seen that theraband gold is suposed to be quite good. would it be too powerful for my scissors?

im also thinking about getting some ammo. whats a good cheap way of doing that?

thanks in advance
    max

Attached Files:

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

welcome, thereband can be cut to the sice you want so there isn't really a too powerfull with it, ammo can be found online.

3. maxhodgy

maxhodgy New Member

of course. i hadn't thought of that...
    thanks!

4. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

5. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome to the forum, Maxhodgy!

6. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!