Hello from Iowa!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by didgerydrew, Jan 27, 2014.

1. didgerydrew

didgerydrew New Member

My name is Drew and I live in a small town in southeast Iowa. I currently teach English at the local high school. I've always been a fan of projectile weapons, and slingshots are one of my favorites. I'm excited to get back into slingshot shooting.

I'm also a life-long martial artist, having been involved in one art or another for the past 21 years.

My username comes from the very unique instrument I play: the didgerydoo. I've been a brass player for a number of years and bought a didgerydoo on a whim at a Renaissance festival when I was in middle school, and I've been hooked every since.

Happy shooting, everyone! I'm happy I'm a part of this forum!

2. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Welcome to the Slingshot Channel! One of my favorite groups at the Minnesota Ren Fest, the Laughing Hearts Pub Band, has a didgerydoo. I wasn't sure it would be a good fit for festie music, but I ended up really liking it.

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I saw your name and the first thing I thought was, 'that's a cool play on words.' I'm the forum music guy and I'm familiar with the didgerydoo. I haven't played one but I do like the sound of them.

I'm in Omaha which is probably not too far from you. If you find yourself out this way, gimme a holler and we'll kill some cans!

-Wild Bill