hello from georgia

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by knivesgotguns, Oct 5, 2013.

1. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

hi, my name is jesse im 27 i currently live in ga. i love slingshots and i think i love making slingshots more than anything. ive made one slingshot so far. im in the process of making one, but i need help with it. i think i messed it up. ill try to put up some pictures of it. i have also make a bullpup crossbow, but it need some tweeking. i cant get the power out of it that i want and the trigger needs fixed. and i made a slingbow from a cheap slingshot from walmart. but it works pretty good tho. but like i said i need help with my slingshot. im not to good with the design yet so im gonna try to put up some pix of it and see what you guys think.

thanks

2. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

heres the new one im working on. i think i made it way to big once i compared it to my first one. but the main problem is the arms i think are to far apart. does that really matter with performance? if so what does it do? sorry im fresh. lol. and hopefully those pix work out

Attached Files:

3. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

4. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the slingshot forum nice shooter

J

5. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice job on that slingshot. I think the handle is too thick seeing the pic where you hold it. Your index finger should almost touch your palm for a good and comfortable grip IMHO. Hope someone will confirm this.

6. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Agree with tokSick, I would thin it down.

For the forkarms:
    First, if they're close to eachother you get slightly better performance(~1-2%):)
    On the other side wider arms are easier to shoot.

For a beginner SS I would recommend ~10cm and ~3cm high(over the fist)

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

+1
    The performances will not change that much if not combined to other factors like, ergonomics, bands used( long, short,tappered,...), shooting style, ammo, pouch, etc... I am still searching for the best config for me but i think it is like searching Holy Grail. ;)

8. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Welcome! I was born and raised in GA! :D

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum! That's a great start. Listen to the suggestions of the folks here, they know what they're talking about. I learn something every time I come here.

10. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

Thanks for the help. That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping looking for. Im going to take a rasp to it and see what I can do. as for the arm width oh well I guess ill have to live with it. I started working on another one already. Its much smaller this time. Im trying to put some bone handles on it so we will see how it turns out.

11. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

Angelicscars. What part of ga are you from? Im not to fond of south ga but I love north ga by Tennessee.

12. AngelicScars

The Atlanta area. :)

13. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

14. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

heres the bone handle ss i was working on. i always get impatient and cant wait to finish it. but not to bad i guess

Attached Files:

15. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Those bone handles look great! I really like that, it looks nice.

16. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

Thank you. I've still got to sand it down more with finer grit then polish the bone. I'm thinking about oiling the wood. idk yet

17. AngelicScars

Oh yeah, the horrible place where everyone's favorite show was filmed…. :p

And obviously it's awesome because I'm from there. :D

18. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Had the same problem at the begining of my addiction problem. ;)
    Now, i leave my slingshots unfinished mostly. Then i come back to it later for the finish or modifications. :eek:

Your second one looks awesome, can' t wait to see it finished. Great job!!
    Do you have a template for it? I like it a lot!

19. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

TokSick, I must agree!

looks great!

20. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Welcome to the forum Jesse.

Some nice work there for sure. Wide forks, like on the first ss are especially good for large ammo like stones.

I really like the colors and shape of the bone sling. Cool choice of material, too. Will look great polished up.
    I like Tok's idea about using them awhile before comitting to the final sand and polish. I have a ss or two that would be more comfortable, but I don't want to sand them again:p.

Enjoy your time here and keep those pics coming:cool: