Hello From England!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Warrior2014, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Hello everyone, I was browsing online earlier and watching some videos about slingshots, told my fiancee, and she also fancys getting one!

Hope to speak to you all, and get some good recommendations, nothing to expensive, that we can have some fun with :).

2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

If you can build one, do it:)
    I have never bought a slingshot, but I would strongly recommend the Rambone by Jörg, one of the best designs and very cheap.

3. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Thanks Achso_42, I had a quick look online but can't seem where to purchase one? Are links allowed on this forum, if so would you be able to direct me to a link so I can have a butchers and see if its to mine, and her, liking.

And, once again a newb question, How do I go about making my own? I do not really have many tools, the only home-made one I have made was when i was about ten with a Y shaped branch and some rubber bands lol.

Once again, thanks, Conan and Cheyenne.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Welcome to the forum. Looks like someone already provided a link on your other thread to the Rambone and the Scout. Both good models, worth considering if you plan to buy one. If you buy the Rambone, you're directly supporting Joerg, and by extension, this forum. If you buy the Scout you're also supporting them since Simple Shot is an advertiser here. But aside from that benefit, both are great slingshots.

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

The most common tools are jigsaw, rasps&files and lots of sandpaper.
    Any kind of carving knife and other carving blades will also do the job(I assume you don't have large stuff like a scroll saw, beltsander, etc.)

http://www.the-slingshotchannel-store.com/

6. Warrior2014

Warrior2014 New Member

Well, I honestly have no woodworking skills, which is quite shameful really as a 23 year old male. I live with my grandfather and mother, he has lots of tools, including jigsaws and so forth in the garage, but he has had a stroke, so does not use them.
    He would allow me to use them, but I will need to learn how to safely, as I do not wish to lose a finger/arm/head due to my error lol.

I will more than likely order a slingshot that supports Joerg, as his videos was what got us both interested yesterday!

Regards, Conan.

7. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member