Hello from die Niederlände

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Fabian, May 8, 2013.

1. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Hello y'all,

my name is Fabian, i live in the Netherlands, somewhere in between Kerkrade, Heerlen and Aachen. I seen a few video's on youtube, and from then on, i was hooked. i never shot a decent slingshot, because theres a total ban on slingshots in the netherlands... anything 'weapon related' is marked as a category 1 weapon, so its illegal to make, harvest, buy, sell, own, transport, import, export, or modify category 1 weapons. But my inner primitive humanoid is telling me to just do it, so i will be finishing my first home made slingshot today. theraband black, and theratube green have already been ordered, should arrive today. i would love to learn about differences between shape, speed, force of slingshots, and i would love to have one (just in case money will loose its value and we need to start hunting for meat) i do like firearms, but i hate the noise they produce. if you would miss a shot, any rodent within half a mile will run..

i dont care if our government exsists of a bunch of profiting pussies, there WILL be slingshots on my ground, and they WILL be fired!
    THERE ARE NO SISSIES HERE ON THE SLINGSHOT CHANNEL! *Jörgs manical laugh* MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

well this is my introduction, hope you liked it. peace!

2. peers40

peers40 New Member

Hi Fabian,

I live in the Netherlands too and got interested in Slingshots when viewing some videos of Jörg as well! A strange thing is that airguns, crossbows and handbows are not illegal here (Category IV), thought arrows with sharp edges are (Category I). Slingshots however are illegal (Category I) as you mentioned, even if it's found in your own house, and can yield a penalty up to €18000!

btw: where did you order theraband?

greetings

Peter

3. TheBoomerangSlingshot

TheBoomerangSlingshot New Member

G,day mate im from Australia I came upon the slingshot channel a week ago and now I am addicted I just cant get enough I never really shot a slingshot either but seeing him blast a zombies brains out just got my heart racing nice to meet ya mate see you soon

4. Antagonist_111

Antagonist_111 Sniper Member

Ahoy and welcome neighbour :)
    I'm sure you'll like it here, this is an awesome forum and Jörg is a great guy! I didnt know that law is that illogical in the Netherlands, and I'm used to some crazy stuff down here... ;)
    Anyway, the thing is slingshots with a wrist support fall under weaponry law in germany, whereas normal slingshots AND crossbows do not. As Jörg said, some of his slingshot contraptions like the slingbows or slingshot crossbows are technically also considered crossbows and therefore the law doesn't apply.
    Maybe that would be a loop hole for you too, if you wanna avoid risking such horrendous fees. :D
    Cheers guys and have fun!

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Welcome, our country is great when it come to slingshots, isn't it? The thing is nobody cares, just keep it in your backyard

6. peers40

peers40 New Member

Good point Antagonist, currently i'm working on "the magnum spy pistol" from this post, technically not a slingshot:D

Onnod, i think i have shot many thousands of little rocks using slingshots in my childhood when they were not illegal yet. The only place i didn't use it then was in my backyard;)

7. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Thanks everyone for the reactions, i already feel welcome here :)

@ Peers40: you can buy it on the internet ( kijk gewoon even naar online fysio/sport/revalidatie shops, theraband wordt nl. gebruikt voor revalidatie en flex oefeningen )
    another option is to make rubber chains with wide office rubbers, or use the innertube of a bicycle tire, works better then expected, as far as i can see from videos
    since i havent tried it out myself yet.

@ Antagonist: Yes that is not a bad idea at all! it might just be a good idea to make a rubber energy driven bow with a magnet pouch or something like Jörgs "rubber compound bow" which he reviewed in one of his later (i guess) video's. as for now im working on a crazy design, which i think will be very practical, and kinda forces you to flip, so i can make really low fork, even though im not really an experienced shooter.. well we will see how it will work out, it will have to be laminated, which i never done before in my life, so im really excited how its going to be. i will make sure to upload pictures of the finished product, and if anyone will like it, a blueprint too ofcourse :)

ps. thanks on reminding me of joers slingbows. if i have the chance of using some decent machinery i definetely will, but for now, its just a handsaw, maybe some glue, rasp, vile and sandpaper :p

8. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] Hi Fabian and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your ban on slingshots in the Netherlands. Maybe you can find out the why they are illegal and categorized as such, then help get your lawmakers to make some reasonable changes. It happens if enough people are interested in making changes.

We think Jörg is pretty cool too! [​IMG]

And if you get fed up with the all the krazy rules, you can always move to Arizona. I think just about anything and everything is legal here.

But you have to put up with lots and lots of pesky beasties, like rattlesnakes. And very hot, oven-like temps.
    [​IMG]