Hello from Australia!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by highway, Oct 10, 2013.

1. highway

highway Aussie Tour Guide

Hello Everyone,

Been following the Slingshot Channel for about 18 months now.
    Really enjoy sitting back and watching the videos as they come out, took me the best part of a week to catch up on 4 years worth of vids tho.

I compete in Archery here in Australia, not a pro as I do it just for fun, but I have made a few Arrows and Arrow heads but they are all made by hand with natural materials (stone, bone, wood and bamboo) so they don't last long and never look pretty, but they get the job done.

Well I am off to find the right forum/post (if there is one already) about what woods will work best with a slingshot. Australia has some unique wood with beautiful grains and colours, but I think the physical properties of the material might have large roll to play in the calculation of Impact Velocity, and we all know that it matters when it comes to mixing Zombie brains inside a skull. :)

Say Hi!
    James

PS. No I don't have a pet Kangaroo, I bought a Compound Bow. (jokes)
    Yes, we have drop bears! http://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear

2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the forum check out kenitic weaponry I think and the art of weapons are also good but kW is an ozzy as well who makes great slingies

J

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

5. highway

My Baby....

Tho mine is modified to a 75lbs draw. They only come as 60lbs normal, the only downside is it is tiring to draw when competing.

Just thought I'd share, seeing it is how I got to Slingshots. Back to basics.

Attached Files:

6. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Welcome to the forum James.
    Good to see a fellow Aussie joining in.
    Archery is how I ended up with slingshots as well, its a really natural transition plus its brilliant fun!

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

8. highway

Hey!

Thanks for the welcome!

So much good stuff here, my Mrs. is going to hate this forum... or want a slingshot either way.

9. Dangerfield

Dangerfield Australia

Gday James and welcome. I hunted with a 70lb Darton a few years ago and nailed 2 rabbits and a lost a Sambar:mad:

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

holy cow dude, 70# on rabbits is a lot of overkill, thats like using a flamethrower to light a cigarette.

Shame about the Sambar though. we don't get much in the way of Deer where I am

11. highway

Good for the workout tho. Haven't got a boar yet.

12. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

welcome Australia, from the Netherlands

love the way ausies kiss :D

13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    I had my first slingshot 2 years ago. My first bow, 2 month ago( HERE) but i still have a lot of work on it before trying my self at archery. A PVC bow is on my to-do...
    Somehow, slingshots and bows are connected.