The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I really enjoy watching Jorge's channel. He gave me an idea to make my own slingshot. Of course I always do it the hard way. Instead of buying a new slingshot I had to make my own all out of metal.

Now I need some tubes. I sped a couple of days trying to find the best rubber tube for me. It end up to be a very difficult and complicated task. I am planing to shoot 15mm marbles, 8.6mm lead and also 15mm metal balls. I think is medium ammo?

Please help me! What is the best tube for that? I could use a double tube. On a scale of strength (1 - 10) I am a 8,5. I i weigh 90 kg and 186cm tall :D

Has anyone tried Theratube Green double string? I don't have a shooting style. Thanks anybody for help.

·
1,105 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Benja I have not tried TB Doubled, red I have tried in a tapered setup. IE doubled for 5-6 inches. 15cm.

Green is stiff enough for me to shoot .45 caliber (11mm? ) round lead balls that weight 8.8 grams each, and it shoots them quite hard. :)

I'm sure you could shoot either as a looped tube setup with the right frame.
Best source for tubes I've found for me was www.quill.com, they sell 25 foot boxes for under 20$ and free shipping.

You might want something with a wrist brace if those are legal for you. TB Green doubled adds up to some serious poundage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Achso42. Yes I cleared all doubt of being a fool :D

Ghosth. .45 caliber is 11.6mm. I live in East European country that is still not in EU. So shipping is not a option because i could get ripped when paying tax to my country. The price for 1meter of theratube green for 4 dol. If I want to be all legit I would have to get even a license for slingshot :( and a wrist brace is probably not legal. I hope that TT Green doubled on sides is not too strong for a medium ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Welcome here!

TT green double is too strong for such small ammo. Use single TT green for those.

You may be able to draw the double (I certainly can), but the speed of the shot won't go up at all - you will get nasty handslaps though.

·
1,343 Posts
I'm new here as well and won't be of any sort of help but I can wish you a warm welcome here!

·
152 Posts
Welcome here!

TT green double is too strong for such small ammo. Use single TT green for those.

You may be able to draw the double (I certainly can), but the speed of the shot won't go up at all - you will get nasty handslaps though.
Yes it is really strong! Even on a single, it's the hardest draw I got. Got them from Pro Therapy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vielen Dank JoergS

Welcome here!

I got a lot of ideas from you. My slingshot is basically a model of yours home made ss from youtube video How to make a power steel slingshot with common tool. My handle is hollow so it can be a ammo magazine, my eyebolts are closed and one size bigger, pipe 14cm. It weights 500gr when its empty, so its not bad for wanking a zombie :D

In your expert opinion what is the best thera tube for small ammo, one tube per side? Is it a big difference? I am a 25 year old that feels like a child again because of you. THANKS

thanks Gniaffron.

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
Hello and welcome to the party!
Glad to hear that you have started off building a shooter, thats great! And metal is always a great choice!
I hope you enjoy your time here. The forum is full of some amazing people

1 - 9 of 9 Posts