The Slingshot Forums banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Eugene Oregon. I'm more of a knife knut than a slingshot junkie, but I've been a fan of Joerg's videos for a long time now. His Meanest Bladed Weapon video brought me here, and I hope he does more knife related videos... even if he is just shooting knives from slingshots :)

I do quite a bit of knife throwing now, but I also occasionally take out my CS Blowgun and my wristrocket. I grew up in rural area and as a kid I spent a lot of time just wandering around outside of town shooting my slingshots and wristrockets. It is still fun!

·
Administrator
10,890 Posts
Hello from Eugene Oregon. I'm more of a knife knut than a slingshot junkie, but I've been a fan of Joerg's videos for a long time now. His Meanest Bladed Weapon video brought me here, and I hope he does more knife related videos... even if he is just shooting knives from slingshots :)

I do quite a bit of knife throwing now, but I also occasionally take out my CS Blowgun and my wristrocket. I grew up in rural area and as a kid I spent a lot of time just wandering around outside of town shooting my slingshots and wristrockets. It is still fun!
Time for you to start posting knife throwing videos. While we are mainly a slingshot forum, we like weapons of all kinds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amen to that! Would love to see some knife throwing vids.

Are you a spin or no spin thrower, Chum?
Spin, it just feels more intuitive than no spin.

I just sort of do my own thing with knife throwing. I like to throw big heavy choppers, both one and two handed. I throw from 20 to 50 feet, in general, and I throw very hard. Think pitching a baseball.

I don't measure spins for sticks. I just go for accuracy and power. A stick with a blunt handle, or the spine of the chopper, is just as good as a stick with the point to me.

I don't claim to be particularly good at knife throwing, although I think I am decently accurate. I just do my own thing and I just do it for fun... and it is a lot of fun

·
Mishgun
1 Posts
Hey guys! Just yesterday discovered youtube channel and fell in love with it. Extremely cool! I'm Mike from Russia, Königsberg. I'm a big fan of different weapons, especially, weapons that could be made by myself.

·
Administrator
10,890 Posts
Hey guys! Just yesterday discovered youtube channel and fell in love with it. Extremely cool! I'm Mike from Russia, Königsberg. I'm a big fan of different weapons, especially, weapons that could be made by myself.
Welcome

·
Ph.D Crowbar Physics
85 Posts
Hello everybody from Greece,I am John.
Because of Joerg's channel,I've remembered some lost memories from my childhood (80's),an old timer teaching me making wooden slingshots with a knife,fire and tire tube,so I caught a sling-virus again.

·
Administrator
10,890 Posts
Hello everybody from Greece,I am John.
Because of Joerg's channel,I've remembered some lost memories from my childhood (80's),an old timer teaching me making wooden slingshots with a knife,fire and tire tube,so I caught a sling-virus again.
Welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all I am joe from Syracuse ny USA, I am a noob to both slingshots and woodwork in general. I am a journeyman machinist by schooling and trade, but as life would have it I get paid to fix computers and robotic devi. Lol. The twists of life. I am interested I making my first slingshot and the knowledge here is great. I lost most of my vision I my right eye and was unable the use my rifle. Forcing me to go from a standard righthand bow to a left. Still practicing not any good more than 30 yard. .

·
Administrator
10,890 Posts
Hello all I am joe from Syracuse ny USA, I am a noob to both slingshots and woodwork in general. I am a journeyman machinist by schooling and trade, but as life would have it I get paid to fix computers and robotic devi. Lol. The twists of life. I am interested I making my first slingshot and the knowledge here is great. I lost most of my vision I my right eye and was unable the use my rifle. Forcing me to go from a standard righthand bow to a left. Still practicing not any good more than 30 yard. .
Welcome to the gang man.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts