hdpe recycled plastic ss frame

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by knivesgotguns, Nov 6, 2013.

1. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

ok after messing up that last thread (i forgot the title) here it goes again. i know noobie

Here is my recycled hdpe ss. I got the idea from toksick. and for the design ive seen it a few times on the Internet so I thought I'd give it a try. I used milk jugs and a few coffee containers that's where the red comes from.

Attached Files:

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Looks good! I like the pattern. May I use that?

3. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

i dont care. like i said ive seen similar designs online. thats where i came up with this one. i just free handed it so i dont have a template for it. ill try to get better pics for you.

Attached Files:

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Ah, another HDPE shooter! I've been collecting some bottles and bottle caps since TokSick posted about this. It's good to see some others building with it. Nice work, I like the design. Have you shot it yet? Is it nice and strong?

5. Flipgun

Just a flat straight on will do. Thanx.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very interesting.

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

The tool that "reflects" and used properly, may "prevent" any blood shed in a primarily suburban white neighborhood while propping an unseen "Eco-Green Planet Vibe Thumb Up!" :] Light blue flame torch sweeping n a followed rub will settle the fuzz easy too! Shoot it enough when it falls in the Rubber's mysterious power of your choice and with the focus used for it's creation, look out matches, your lit! Cards by the deck, 1 by one SPLIT!

8. Flipgun

I think I'll have that carved on my tombstone... or my Red Baron.

9. knivesgotguns

knivesgotguns New Member

I believe it is very strong. I interlace my hands around it and try to squeeze it together and I can barely get it to flex and that's on the handle, the weakest part of the frame. I haven't shot it yet. I plan on putting some bands on it tonight when I get off work.

10. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I've been working with a couple of pieces of this stuff myself. Nothing finished yet, I tried a PFS but lack something in technique as all 5 were fork hits that went wild.

However I'm very happy with the material itself. Solid, dense, yet easy to work.

Mine is mostly light blue downy fabric softener, with some dark blue laundry detergent bottle, and some semi clear vinegar jug.

I used a convection oven for the heating as it had better temp control and no open flames. (Nat Gas Stove)

My "mold" left a bit to be desired as it was essentially 2 2x4's screwed onto a 1x6 which I was then able to squeeze in my vise.

Really nice material, a bit of time to get it all melted and hanging together, but well worth the time IMO.