Has anyone won anything online?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Feb 9, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

There has been many giveaways online but have anyone actually won any?

I know I have entered at least 200 giveaways and didn't win anything but does anyone else have better lucky than me?

p.s. I am not talking about auctions. I am talking about completely free giveaways.

2. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I won 18 million dollars from a Nigerian prince. He just needs my bank info and I can collect...

-Wild Bill

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

A guy called Tubes won a bronze Moorhammer recently

4. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Well, statistics, statistics...

Usually there are more than 200 people in a drawing. My latest one had thirty pages with about 9 candidates, so about 270 in total, and that was about my hardest raffle so far, lots of conditions so a lot of one-timers didn't enter (as was the plan). Many of my contests saw more than 500 candidates, some more than 800.

If you want to win, you must therefore participate in a lot more than 200 to get a significant likelihood. And that is only true for my raffles. You probably took part in some with thousands of people in there.

It is like rolling the dice. Do it once, the chances to get a six aren't very high. Do it six times, the chances are much better.

6. Viks

Viks Member

Chronos slingshot

Who won the chronos slingshot?

7. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

I once heard that at other places a valid email address
    is worth up to 50 cents...

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Yes, I didn't win the contest Bronze Moorhammer. But next weekend (payday) I'm placing my order for one, so yes, I did win! Anyone that is enriched by this forum and their contact with Joerg and his entourage has already won online!

Huzzah!

-Wild Bill

9. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

A guy who failed to claim it on time, so it will go up for auction as soon as I manage to get the ebay issues sorted out. I don't think we are in a hurry as no forum meeting is even vaguely in discussion.

10. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

11. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Its true that you have to enter a lot of giveaways but keep in mind the big giveaways have thousands of people entered and the small ones are usually fake. (I found out the long way) Most people on youtube that offer a giveaway and have less than 100 subscribers then their giveaways are usually really bad stuff or really good stuff that are fake. My father always said

"If It is too good to be true. Its not True"

12. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Chances are slim If you lucky and find a good giveaway your chance of winning is 1/1000 or .1% of winning

13. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

14. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

About winning something online....well, once I met a girl on the internet who wanted to meet a good guy, she made a quizz....and I won. Maybe she thought it was a good way to a long relationship......... I thought it was a good way to.......nevermind......

15. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

oh ok then I guess that is one of the biggest prizes that you can win. A partner for life.

16. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I liked the way u did the raffle this time, I think you should do it the same way but put the likes given and received a little lower . I think it's a fair way for newcomers to qualify quicker and still give a chance to the active members

Eat, Sleep, Slingshots

17. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

I’ve won countless awards and prizes I’ve been the heir to countless gigantic estates. The kind and good people who’ve notified me of my many winnings and inheritances always want me to send a few hundred dollars via Western Union to somebody in some third world hellhole and I’ve never done that, so I’ve never actually collected any of my winnings or taken possession of any of the estates I’ve inherited. I’m still waiting for one that doesn’t require any $$ by WU or personal info. I suspect it’s going to be a long wait.

18. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Its true those are fake

19. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I've won a few online contests.

I don't think lowering that is a good idea. It is VERY easy to get and give likes on this forum. I hate to say it, but a HUGE chunk of the people that sign up JUST for the contest is only out for the item. They don't care to stick around, be active, or even bother with slingshots in general. They just want something free for nothing and some want to make a profit on eBay. It's really sad. I think putting those MINOR requirements with the contest insures that they are AT LEAST more active. I love seeing more people join the forum, but only if they legitimately have an interest in slingshots and other things discussed on this board.

20. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

+1 - got that right.