Handmade slingshots for Sale!

Discussion in 'More than one' started by CJR, Feb 22, 2016.

1. CJR

CJR New Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum and this is actually my first post.

I have been interested in slingshots since I began creating and shooting them around three years ago. Since then I have been fascinated by their beauty and ease of use.

I have decided to offer several of my pieces for sale. Each one has only been lightly shot and is in perfect condition, having spent most of their time on display. They have been crafted from locally harvested forks found in the woods of Rockport, Maine. The slingshots have retained the character of their natural shapes and were thoroughly dried. Each one is carefully sanded to a 600 grit satin finish, giving them a silky feel. I use a combination of finishes such as boiled linseed oil, Brazilian rosewood oil, Danish oil, and polyurethane. Although, I still recommend that they be kept dry.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested and I can try to get you a shipping quote, although it shouldn't cost much more than ten dollars. All are sold without bands. Also, I can only accept checks at this time.

I may also consider offers or trades for outdoor/wood/ leather and metalwork tools as well.

The first photos of each piece are of the front of the slingshot. Some are comfortable in either right or left hand, while others will only work in the left hand.

All of the slingshots also stand up for display.

Thanks for looking and happy shooting!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. CJR

CJR New Member

#1) $100

I'm not quite sure what wood this one is made of, although it certainly has quite a bit of character.
    image.jpg

3. CJR

CJR New Member

4. CJR

CJR New Member

5. CJR

CJR New Member

6. CJR

CJR New Member

7. CJR

CJR New Member

#2) $100

This one is made of the same wood as the slingshot above. The crack is unfilled and does not affect the integrity of the piece in any way.
    image.jpg

8. CJR

CJR New Member

9. CJR

CJR New Member

10. CJR

CJR New Member

image.jpg

This is best held with one thumb to support the fork.

11. CJR

CJR New Member

#3) $60

I made this from an oak fork that was found on the forest floor. As such, it has a nice natural patina from oxidation.
    image.jpg

kasperthelost likes this.
  12. CJR

CJR New Member

13. CJR

CJR New Member

14. CJR

CJR New Member

#4) $60

This was an unusual piece of pine that I discovered. I used a torch to give it a unique look. It is only comfortable with lightweight bands.
    image.jpg

15. CJR

CJR New Member

16. CJR

CJR New Member

17. CJR

CJR New Member

18. CJR

CJR New Member

#5) $80

This is crafted of birch and is very comfortable to hold. The grain has been blackened using a vinegar mix. It is naturally symmetrical, although not perfect. One fork is a bit larger diameter than the other. It has also been filled in a small spot on the top of the right fork. I can send another photo if anyone is interested.

image.jpg

kasperthelost likes this.
  19. CJR

CJR New Member

20. CJR

CJR New Member