hahahaha an axe...

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Lars, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

i need some ideas for the handle
    i´m going to cut some stripes of wood on my circular saw and i´ll glue them in between the two pieces of multiplex
    and i have no idea how i should cut out the handle

Attached Files:

2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Please be Carefull!
    I don´t know what you want to do with this but when you throw this, the Sawblade break easily when it´s a long piece and when you don´t hit straight.
    With this Handle and this thin Blade you also can´t cleave Wood, you need an Axehead that goes around a Grip, and a wedge-shaped blade sharpend with 20-30 °.
    Please also don´t carry this outside from your own Ground. It´s only for Foresters and Hunter allowed, to carry Blades with a length over 20 cm in Germany.
    For the Grip you can use what you want, a Anglegrinder, Rasp, Saw, Knife, a Belt sander or something like this.
    Greetings: Schultz

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

3. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

ich meine die form :)
    das mit der axt ist klar (nicht zum hacken oder werfen ich baue das nur zum spaß für wassermelonen und sowas (und wenn unsere gehirne von zombie viren, pilzen, parasiten , usw. befallen werden, was ich nicht hoffe))

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I kinda like the handle how it is lol
    I think you should make the handle thickest at the head decreasing to form a place to grip it then back out as a kind of pommel. That way you keep the weight toward the head

6. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I like this idea of mounting the axe head between the two pieces of wood.

Maybe something different for the axe head metal that's not so brittle.

It's obviously not going to be much good for chopping wood, but I see no reason why it wouldn't make a great weapon if the blade stuck out a little further and the pointed end stuck out about twice as much.

The wood might be tapered down to the grip area, where it would be more rounded. them widen back out slightly to keep from slipping out of the hand.

As for a defense weapon made from materials on hand as it is now, I'm sure it would be quite effective.