Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Lacumo, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

I stumbled into this forum by chance and realized it's like just what I need.

I moved not too long ago to a suburban upstate NY location, and the climate for any type of shooting sports here is awful. Emperor Cuomo put a death grip on shooting sports with the so-called "Safe Act" that he rammed through the spineless legislature. Since then, every local gun club has a two-year waiting list, so just joining a club to have somewhere to shoot is a major big deal. The gun clubs are the only places that have archery facilities, so the same roadblock applies to finding a recreational archery venue.

There's a major railroad line a couple miles from me so that gives me an unlimited supply of ideal, very private spots to do some slingshot target-shooting. Thankfully, I don't (yet) have to register or get a permit for a slingshot in NY State (I think). So--it looks like I'm going to be a slingshot target-shooter.

I just started my research, but I'm already in love with the bronze Moorhammer. I know it's not a beginner slingshot but when I fall in love like this, I can't help myself.

And so it starts...

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo! Welcome to our forum. Feel free to ask for help and show us your work!

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hello, welcome! Yes, the gun laws are becoming terrible. And I know your pain, California is pretty bad too.
    However, this doesn't touch our slingshots, thankfully!
    I hope that you enjoy the forum, great friendly people around here and a wealth of slingshot knowledge!

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

5. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Welcome to the forum Lacumo!

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome to the forum :)

J

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hello and welcome here.
    Sure you don' t want to live here in Belgium! Laws about weapons are SHUT!

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

You know you got screwed when someone from California says "man your weapons laws are draconian". Btw, man your weapon laws are draconian;). Welcome to the forum. If target shooting you may like a side shooter such as a pocket predator more than the howitzer as its mainly for hammer grip style instinctive shooting.