Greetings From Thailand!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by BrooksPotts, Oct 6, 2013.

1. BrooksPotts

BrooksPotts Brooksiepooh

Hey there!

My name is brooks Just recently got on the boards and did some uploading on the Ideas thread about a sling x bow/ cannon hybrid!

Im no Guru at 3D but if you need some rendering let me know and I will whip something up!

Other than that, I enjoy metal detecting, slingshootin', and am not to terrible of an artist. Currently living in Thailand and its a great place to do my favorite hobby metal detecting! I've been in Thailand for a little over a few months and plan on staying here at least a year before I head back to the U.S.! Before my move to Thailand I lived in Albuquerque New Mexico!

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Hello BrooksPotts, welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy it here. So do you speak Thai? Or are you able to get along with English in Thailand?

3. BrooksPotts

BrooksPotts Brooksiepooh

I can speak a little thai but am most certainly better with spanish than thai. I have a few books that are getting me through the day lol

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Welcome to the forum. I hear Thailand is a beautiful place.

5. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Welcome pm us if you need something

J:)

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Brooks, welcome to the loonie bin! Feel free to ask anything, most of us are here to help, it's a great community. When I say anything, I mean ANY thing. We're pretty much all nutters and the B.S flows freely but we can be serious if need be. Enjoy your stay and post pics, share ideas, and in general just have fun.

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Welcome to SSC!

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo! Bien venido! Welcome! Enjoy the forum and ask for anything you need , as Dolomite said!

9. BrooksPotts

BrooksPotts Brooksiepooh

Thanks guys and yes the loonie bin ill gladly join! If its missing a few marbles then I fit the bill lol. Thanks for your friendly welcome invites gentlemen and again if you need any commision work for slingshot ideas just let me know!!

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. Can' t wait to see some of your 3D work, Tremoside have some interesting posts about that. Make sure to check them out ;)
    Glad to have you with us.
    Red
    PS: You probably have access to beautiful kinds of wood there?

11. BrooksPotts

BrooksPotts Brooksiepooh

That's a big YES, plenty of it... in fact miles of it. Absolutley free to cut down also. There is a couple down the road that make most of their living by making all kinds of wood items. I always see them driving down the road on these single drive engine tractors with massive bundles of cut wood. let me know if there is a specific type of wood in Thailand you're searching for and we will see if we can work something out :)

P.S. lots of teak/mango, and other types of wood here. I believe mango is classified as a type of soft wood, but maybe for a practice piece or if bonded with other harder woods or to a solid core might look real sexy. I'm no one to sit here and classify wood since I don't know **** about it yet, but I'll put my nose in front of the screen here someday and be able to talk more turkey on specific wood lol.. I'm guessing jokes about wood come common on these boards

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Thanks for the offer. I know nothing about wood either, when i find a piece i collect it just in case. ;)
    I am experimenting with HDPE at the moment and will probably make my first slingshot out of it very soon.
    Seems to be a great place to live in. I' m jealous,...

13. Cubanizm

Cubanizm Junior Member

Welcome bro! Thailand sounds like a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the US...

14. BrooksPotts

BrooksPotts Brooksiepooh

Sounds like fun, if you can tag me or notify me when this project is under way Id love to see the progress! And I've never been one to promote jealousy...but Thailand earns it. Everything about this place is inexpensive, the people are nice, the weather is phenomenal. But good luck on your build!

It really is! Its nice to wake up in the morning and have the feeling of being in a totally different environment.