Great Balls Of Fire

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Markatrog, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

Some type of amo, large or small that lights on contact with flammable fluid, let's smoke some zombies. Hee hee. Pretty twisted :) think this is one for King Joerg! Don't try this at home!

2. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

There is a liquid I forget which but its combustive when it is in contact with air. Just put some of that liquid in a plastic capsule and shoot it out with a slingshot.

3. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Now that I think of it that's a horrible idea. :rolleyes:

4. Haze

Haze New Member

lol

5. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

After carful review of all post, I was thinking I should stick to marbles. Not!

6. brennanfry

brennanfry New Member

plaster of paris molded then soaked in gas :)

7. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Lumps of phosphorus ?

But if the zombie hordes should attack Castle Ruthie we were thinking of petrol squirted from a washing up liquid bottle followed by a fire arrow

8. brennanfry

brennanfry New Member

hell why dont we stay with molotovs

9. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Hard to beat Molotov's, especially if you have a launcher for them. :)

10. Cwren10222

Cwren10222 Member

I want Jorg's witch incinerator lol. Only downside is would have to find something else to roll into the fire arrow as is a bit difficult to get large amounts of sulfer in the states. Most likely an oil soaked rag. Molotov cocktails are a proven design so those aren't ever gonna go out of style.

11. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

I was thinking about something between a plastic golfball and t tennis ball, that lights on impact, or fused, styrene and diesel fuel gel .

12. Bushmaster

Bushmaster New Member

I think you are talking about phosphorous. Not a nice substance!

13. Cwren10222

Cwren10222 Member

Styrene and diesel fuel hmm no napalm isn't a good idea either lol

14. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I vaguely remember an experiment back in high school involving a wax coated metal that was self igniting upon contact with oxygen, something like that would make an interesting firework, doesn't burn hot or for long.
    But realistically a bloody dangerous idea.
    Sounds like your looking for something out of the anarchist cookbook to be honest

15. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Tennis balls are hollow, lending themselves to this.

Sodium (the pure metal) will self ignite in water.
    Phosphorus in air. Both are touchy to work with.

However, a tennis ball with a "pocket" of black powder, with a bit of cannon fuze leading to it. The rest of the tennis ball could be filled with flamables. Ignite fuze, fire with slingshot, and at distance it goes POOF.

Done right you would leave very little behind but some residue and some melted tennis ball.
    Which is good because you're almost certain to have your national police after you. Here in the states it would be the FBI, over there your talking Scotland Yard, etc.

Make sure you do EVERYTHING while wearing rubber gloves (to limit dna evidence) Hair all tucked under a cap, etc.

With luck you might be able to pull it off a time or two before getting caught.
    If any property of any kind is damaged or destroyed say goodbye to the last of your childhood years.
    You'll most likely be released at 21, with no education except of the criminal kind, no prospects, no chance for anything but a crap job doing manual labor.

Be afraid, be very very afraid, and careful when you start talking about shooting balls of fire over distance.

16. brennanfry

brennanfry New Member

tennis ball frag grenade similar to a ninjas bowl bomb put shards of metal and or glass

17. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

Calling out the Big German Guy on this one, I found a lot of urls that talk a about making explosives, but se bad things happening, but I do like to have the knowledge just in case of alien invasion :)

18. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

A few years ago a very close friend of mine (genuinely not me!) started with projects along these lines. He succesfully made phosphorus grenades and also several other devices from sodium, potassium and magnesium. All good fun and no serious accidents.

That was until one night he got a knock on the door.......from 10 heavily armed police officers. They completely ransacked his house (he was living with his parents at the time, it didnt go down well) and found several components, chemicals and literature of a compromising nature.

After two days of solid questioning they decided that he was a 'lone, curious individual' making these devices for 'intellectual purposes'. This didn't stop him getting an official caution under the Terrorist Provisions Act. The consequences of that caution have followed him for the past decade. I was the one who picked him up after he was released (he couldn't face his parents) and it didn't look like the questioning had been fun to say the least.

Just something to think about from one with experience.

19. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

P h o s p h o r o u s ! ! ! ! !

Your friend is a LUCKY BOY!!

In my school there were two teachers for chemistry.
    Both of them had a rather "nasal" speech, deriving from
    human imperfection when dealing with phosphorous!

My mate "Hanspeter" and I were once working on his
    car, when there was a rather deep boom down in the basment..

I smiled, cause I knew what this meant (I thought..) HansPeter
    didn´t get it, first.. But then he said "Sh*t", Wolfgang ist im Keller..

Wolfgang had just been finishing a 1 3/4" pipe bomb, when some instable
    phosphorous in the thread decided to ignite..

He lost more than three liters of blood, shrappnells travelling through his leg
    to be visible underneath the skin of the other side of the leg..

The flesh of his left hands fingers, which held the screw-wrench, was
    removed, same as his left eye.
    The helicopter left without him, cause he was too instable to be
    flying. The Emergency-car drove veery slow to get him to the hospital.
    Guess I don´t have to mention that this event changed everything..
    The oldest brother, the one that had ordered the chemicals was not
    very proud of himself, to say it "politely"

Roland, he was even more advanced in chemistry worked on
    stuff being able to turn two coins into hemi-spheres within a split second..
    On "HIS" day, he decided to use a chrome-plated screwdriver for stirring
    some stuff, chromium working as a chemical catalyst. His results were more
    distinct.
    His left hand ended in a waste bin, together with parts of his forearm.
    And his left eye, of course.

PHOSPHOROUS IS FOR WINNERS! HAHA!

Please let me add that potassium does not only burn HOT!- "Old"
    potassium with a "bark" tends to explode easily.

SO IF YOU SEE YOURSELF PUTTING CHUNKS OF POTASSIUM INTO
    YOUR POUCH, GET YOURSELF SOME PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP!!!

BE SAFE!

(and I don´t want to see results of any highly stupid "research" here, honestly)