Great Balls Of Fire

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Markatrog, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

Has it been done? Fire balls, flame throwing sling shots, molitof cocktail amo? Just thinking . I think this is a good one for King Joerg!

2. noah013

noah013 Member

Jörg does have a slingshot which shoot flaming arrows! See witch hunters (I think episode 3?).

3. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I really would hate to hear of someone burning down the family house trying to figure this one out.

Be very very careful!

Flammable substances tend to ignite at the wrong time. (Murphy's law, if it CAN go wrong it WILL go wrong.)

The most highly flammable substances tend to be liquid's that evaporate quickly, ie gasoline, alcohol, hard to shoot. Things like wax, paraffin, are less flammable, but more stable.

Before going down this road, you need to ask yourself. "If my parents saw me doing this, would they be ok with it? Or upset?

This road can lead to burning buildings, lives lost or destroyed, including your own. Be careful how you tread it, as a single wrong decision here can hugely effect the rest of your life.

That being said, I have stepped onto this road a time or 2. I launched a flaming arrow across a collage campus mall at 2 AM. I was the owner of a wrist rocket that launched an explosive device that exploded some 6' from the girls collage dorm windows around 1 am. Waking everyone up including the campus cops and the Dean.

Be CAREFUL when you walk this road. I was lucky, dumb, but lucky. I did not get caught.

4. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

It is a very bad idea! But look at the weapons that a criminal insane government has and the fine line that they walk, and it doesn't sound so crazy. The lack of posting on this subject shows that maybe I crossed the line.

5. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

There was a video of a guy who built a giant "gatling" revolver type slingshot crossbow that could fire molotow cocktails from 6 barrels. The video was kind of epic but i can't find it anymore...
    Actually I think the idea is awesome :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Thermite blunderbuss? Too far? ;)

7. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

8. Ghosth

I have to admit I keep 3-4 cases of beer bottles in my basement just in case I need a bunch of molotov's someday!

But remember, be CAREFUL! I was lucky, I was not caught, no one died, no one was injured. I was just politely asked to do go do my drinking and misbehaving in another town.

9. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

This is thermite

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyVD8V0016w[/ame]

This is a slingshot blunderbus

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFV-pFAlc9I[/ame]

What could go wrong? ;)

10. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I used to shoot M-80's with a slingshot when i was a kid.

This is a big firecracker they don't sell to the public anymore because kids were getting hurt with them. Very loud boom. Now they make a half power M-40.

I haven't had much good luck in my life, but somehow never got hurt shooting M-80's with my slingshot.

I wouldn't recommend trying it though, it's a pretty high risk of serious injury.

11. buckshot500

DISCLAIMER;

Those of you with "Ex-lovers" might not want to let them see this video.;)

So where do i find this "touch paper"?:D

12. Ghosth

Buchshot the "explosive device" I refered to was a Canadian Cherry bomb, which back in 1970 could still be gotten.

Stronger I believe than the M80's and more aerodynamic. :) Also if it had been 2 feet closer to window when it blew, and if window shattered? (Shudders)

You know some days I wonder how I survived. Don't do things the way I did guys, listen to those older and wiser than you.

13. buckshot500

I somehow missed this post on my thread read through. That's about on par with some of my"targets" I lived in a big city then and a teenager's mind can get pretty bored. Thankfully i only had a dozen to let fly.

Nowadays it's not just a question of not getting hurt, you might get federal penitentiary time for that type of behavior.

We had a toy car powered by 5 model rocket engines and a payload of 3 M-80's that had longer fuses attached. We were smart enough to use a road that was rarely used, but not smart enough to think the back of the hospital would have no cops. It was a long run that day.:D

14. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I think the key to launching flaming projectiles is pitch/tar and a way to light the projectile after release, or else maybe get an oven mitt....

15. Markatrog

Markatrog Member

That is so cool! I Love It

16. Ghosth

Actually Kohlqez if I was trying to do this I'd start with a shell of paraffin/cotton wool, with a hollow inside of Sterno, and kitchen match head's inserted all the way around for ignition.

17. Moin moin,
    Make the currently in Ukraine but ...
    but for our hobby is not intended to, and frankly, not effective enough ....

http://www.google.de/imgres?start=2...&dur=699&page=11&ndsp=26&ved=0CLYCEK0DMEw4yAE

Mache die momentan in der Ukraine doch...
    aber dafür ist unser Hobby nicht gedacht, und ehrlich gesagt, auch nicht effektiv genug....

;-((

A large slingshot is used to hurl rocks at police. Photograph
    http://www.google.de/imgres?start=2...&dur=270&page=12&ndsp=22&ved=0CI4DEK0DMGI4yAE

,-))