Got a Whisker Biscuit at last !

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by ruthiexxxx, Aug 18, 2013.

1. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thanks to a great guy in the USA:

I was in a hurry to try it out so I converted my '45% degree sideshooter' from a slingshot to a slingbow.

The Whisker Biscuit performs just as well as my brush arrow rests

Attached Files:

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I am experimenting a lot with arrow shooting well not experimenting but just playing :D

J

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

4. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Hey ruthie :) Nice to have you here around now too :wave:

How far can you shoot with that beauty?

5. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Thanks Antraxx. :)

About 15 metres. That's if I stand in the corner of the living room and shoot at the targets at the end of the corridor. Of course the arrows would like to go a lot further which is why, despite backstops stuffed with packed cardboard, telephone directories, etc., and a sheet of plywood, the end of the corridor is badly in need of replastering ! Fortunately it is a very old apartment and the walls are a metre thick. LoL.

I'm so looking forward to somewhere we can shoot outdoors!

6. Antraxx

Antraxx #7

Well, 15m is quite impressive.
    I think it´s always better to give you a call before a visit heh? :D

7. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Awesome Ruthie. That is a good start for Wills bow fishing (shoot holes in fishes) project.. :D

8. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

...or you have to ring "I am not a target" in Morse code...:D

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I was thinking the same thing Flicks!

This is great Ruthie! I bet that really adds to the efficiency of the shooter! How durable would you say the frame of the biscuit is? No concerns about breakage?

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

It seems very solidly made. Even though it is only the 'large' size rather than the 'extra large' it still shot some of my 12mm knobbly bamboo arrows very well. I suspect that it would shoot conventional arrows happily for a long time. It is easier to keep the arrow in the rest between shots...but otherwise I found no advantage over my brush arrow rests (they really are worth a try! ).

I realised that I would have been OK just buying a replacement biscuit rather than the whole assembly...it would be easy to fix to your forks

www.carolinaarcheryprod.com

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

^
    Thank you very much for the information, sounds perfect for what I have planned!

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Lookin' good Ruthie.
    I have no experience shooting arrows and i just bought a compound bow:eek:. Got to fix it and try it out, hé hé ;)
    I will try to shoot arrows out of a slingy someday.
    I like the way to hold yours. It is sideways but shooting like horizontal holding, nice combi. The work on the handle is :eek:

13. Otees

Otees Another Member

Nice Job!! It also seems 'safer'