Goodby to Kansas City Shooting

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by WildBill, Dec 28, 2013.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Well, I'm done with KC. I just got back this afternoon from Omaha after securing a new home up there. My apartment is covered in boxes and setting up my shooting range was problematic- but I managed it. However, it will probably be about ten days before I can do this again, as I have about three days of packing to do, then the trip up north, and the subsequent unpacking at the new house. But the new house has a workshop and a back yard suitable for a slingshot range! Score!

My newbe challenge taly with this video- 8 hits, 2 grazes and 10 misses. All shot with my natural Moorhammer at six meters, a soda can target, 5/16" hex nuts as ammo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDOOsMLzcdY[/ame]

-Wild Bill

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Good luck with the move my friend.

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I hope the move goes smoothly. I never look forward to such things. But the fact that you'll have your workshop and a nice place to shoot will make it worth the trouble.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Good luck! I hope that you enjoy the new place!
    I can't think of much I like less than moving, so I am not envious of that part!

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Good luck with the move I'm sure you'll like NE,
    Go Big Red!

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Moving is the worst thing, especially over distance but a workshop will soften the blow Im sure!

7. Courier

Courier Senior Member

A great video and also nice shooting!
    I hope your moving will go well.

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey my wild friend,

it feels good to watch your videos!
    And congratulations for finding
    your new home with a shop!

Please take a picture of that wall behind that
    nut-catching towel!- (and show it to me)
    I´m soo curious what the wall looks like!

All of the best for your family!

Be

9. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Good luck with the move!

10. WildBill

The towel contraption did a pretty good job- as long as I hit it. However, there were those times when I didn't shoot well (fork hits, etc) and the wall suffered the consequences. But it's nothing that a little bit of Spackle can't fix.

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

11. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

12. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Make a good trip! Keep in touch, my friend!

13. WildBill

Ugh. It looks like I have a ten day to two week delay before my relo check gets to me, which means I'm gonna haveta live amongst all of the boxes we already packed. Well, I suppose you just gotta love the speed of corporate America...

-Wild Bill

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Bummer. Well, I guess just grab a Sharpie and start marking targets on those boxes, then let fly!

15. WildBill

A good idea- 'cept I don't really wanna put holes in the contents of them as well. Most of what is packed right now is my library- which is a daunting task as my personal library is some 3,000 volumes. Yes, they are some pretty heavy boxes.

-Wild Bill

16. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxaTnz55Uc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rxaTnz55Uc[/ame]

17. WildBill

Okay... I guess that's how Mayflower Movers got their start- the smell is probably similar. Thanks, Arturo, but I think I'll pass on hiring those guys to get me moved.

-Wild Bill