Good day of shooting

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Jeremy, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I have found that I generally do not consider my slingshot shooting day complete until I get a can cut. That is assuming I have the time for more than a few quick shots and I am not shooting my BB shooter.

What do you consider a complete shooting day?

2. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Any day where I pick it up, and the ball hits the can I'm aiming at. One out of 3, eh, ok, try tommorow. Two out of 3, ok, getting better. Three out of 3, all RIGHT, now we are getting someplace!

On the down side, I'm 61, its -14 degrees below outside and 2 feet of snow that won't melt for another month.

On the plus side, I'm warm and snug and can shoot slingshots, crossbows, blowguns and bb guns in my shooting room/ computer room anytime I feel like it.

They are ALL good days, some just better than others.

3. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

My shooting is so unstructured at the moment that just being out and firing off a few marbles is a joy. I get out at least 4 times a week and its usually just a wander through the woods picking sticks and branches to fire at and hopefully hit! I guess it doesn't feel complete until I've chosen at least one awkward target and made a solid hit.

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

I day I get to go outside and shoot. :p I cannot wait until it warms up!

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

A good day of shooting is just getting the chance to go out and shoot. I've finally got my catchbox semi-usable, so I can start aiming at more consistent targets. Prior to that it was cans on the ground. Now the weather has turned substantially wetter so when I do get time, the weather is often not cooperating. Indoors is only possible with BB's, not the big stuff. I have yet to do my first can cut, but hope to give that a try in the near future.

6. Jeremy

Since I have my portable catchbox done, I can shoot my 3/8 steel inside. I tend to bounce back and forth on my full size slingshots and my BB shooter.

7. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

It's a great shooting day when I can actually find all of the ammo I shot.

-Wild Bill

8. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Any day I find time to shoot is a good day. I'm shooting in my garage mostly and it's cold.
    Don't even try to shoot inside my house - here and there I get a bad release and a wild shot that results in holes in my garage drywall. ;)

9. Jeremy

Good point, any day shooting slingshots is a good day.

10. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Snader, please don't put up an avatar that doesn't involve beer. It just looks wrong.

-Wild Bill

11. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Good day of shooting - when you get to drink beer and then shoot the can!

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

12. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

On holiday

And set up a 5 10 15 and 20 metre shooting range in sunny dry conditions. No lost ammo. Perfect. And when I showed some friends what I was doing I didn't fluff the shots. Amazing.

Attached Files:

13. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Interesting looking catchbox!

14. Cwren10222

Cwren10222 Member

Considering the city ordinance here I haven't gotten to go shooting anything this winter but I do hope as spring comes on I can get out and shoot both bow and slingshot as well as get some throwing knife practice in as well.

15. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Yup! A good day shooting is any day I shoot.

16. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I have only had a few days to get out and shoot, since I got back into shooting when i joined the forum.

Without much free time, I have to use some of it to build some shooters too.

Hoping the weather gets warmer soon so my backyard workshop is usable again.

Tried setting up a catchbox out back, but other houses are too close and had a stray marble end up across the street.
    There is a park nearby, gonna try that next.

17. rinion

rinion New Member

Right now a day to get out and shoot without snow up to my bum would be welcomed.

Just got a capture target ordered. Hoping for some warm weather to get out and shoot.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

18. rinion

rinion New Member

Got to try out my new catch box,and the gamo bone collector elite.

Had some bad ones,but 3/10 definite kills.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

19. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB New Member

Any day I shoot I consider a complete shooting day. Although, I will be much more content when the weather warms up, and the snow is gone, as I love to wander in the woods. That may be awhile though, cause it's gonna snow again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

20. dolomite

dolomite Banned

A good day is hitting the beer bottle cap with the first shot, then getting more hits than misses.