The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
3,453 Posts
I like marbles too, round, hard, good on flight. Use them a lot since I smashed my thumb with a stone. (Not completly healed yet).
Another great option are the hex nuts, you can find a lot of sizes and weights.

·
Thread Hijacker
3,453 Posts
I got stoned... It freaking hurts. It finally healed but I am still scared to use my slingshot.
What doesn't kills makes you stronger, boy!
Try some hammergrip. Joerg told me thaTt when I hit my thumb, and I have followed it since.
feels difficult on the beggining, but I'm starting to have more accuracy than fingergrip.

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Thread Hijacker
3,453 Posts

·
209 Posts
I prefer M10 hex nuts. They weight 10 grams and I can get 100 for about £4 here in the UK. I also like to use steel balls but I use them only when I have no M10 nuts or when I want more punch for hunting.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yesterday I tested glued hex nuts. Look at the picture. Of course it would be much better to have a screw and glue it all together but I don't have any here. Anyway, it holds much much better in hand and of course it weights 2x more. Also I think the damage to cans will be great.
I used M8 and it weights together about 8g. I think with this glue and M6 you might simulate also small balls with no problem :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts