Good ammo ideas

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by aea27, Jun 27, 2013.

1. aea27

aea27 Slingshot Lover

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for homemade slingshot ammo. I want something cheap and easy to make. (Not frozen clay balls)

2. Go to 1€ or 1$ or 1£ shop and show there for marbels!
    Or on Ebay for marbels ore steelballs.

3. aea27

aea27 Slingshot Lover

Thanks, I'll try my best to find a store near me.

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like marbles too, round, hard, good on flight. Use them a lot since I smashed my thumb with a stone. (Not completly healed yet).
    Another great option are the hex nuts, you can find a lot of sizes and weights.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I got stoned... It freaking hurts. It finally healed but I am still scared to use my slingshot.

6. Brazilviking

What doesn't kills makes you stronger, boy!
    Try some hammergrip. Joerg told me thaTt when I hit my thumb, and I have followed it since.
    feels difficult on the beggining, but I'm starting to have more accuracy than fingergrip.

7. Yamroll2

Yamroll2 New Member

I got a cannon ball sinker mold from Do-It for $41 (http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_10_66), a bag of lead shot (25 lbs for $50 I think?), a hot plate and a cheap cast iron pan.

Total outlay, a little over $110. I guess it depends on what you consider cheap. For that though, my ammo supply feels pretty much infinite haha.

8. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That' s great ammo, i use them sometimes and it is devastating for cans [​IMG] aea27, you should read THIS...

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  10. Brazilviking

11. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I prefer M10 hex nuts. They weight 10 grams and I can get 100 for about £4 here in the UK. I also like to use steel balls but I use them only when I have no M10 nuts or when I want more punch for hunting.

12. stej

stej New Member

Yesterday I tested glued hex nuts. Look at the picture. Of course it would be much better to have a screw and glue it all together but I don't have any here. Anyway, it holds much much better in hand and of course it weights 2x more. Also I think the damage to cans will be great.
    I used M8 and it weights together about 8g. I think with this glue and M6 you might simulate also small balls with no problem :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  13. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

There are many companies that will offer you free samples of stuff. This is how I'm (still) currently building LED-based tracer shot ammo for Jorge to test. The sky is the limit!