Golds Gym Bands?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Bighaze51, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Has anyone tried these? I found it at Walmart today. It was 6 feet for $8. The box says its .55 mm, heavy resistance. It's kind of a lime green color. It feels pretty strong. I just loaded 3 bands per side, 1in wide and 10in long. It's too dark to shoot it right now but I'll test it in the morning. It's nice to know I can score some bands in a pinch. I think I'll ask for some TBG for Christmas

[​IMG]

2. BrPio

BrPio .

I'v tried them and some other brands. They did fine for me when there was no TB gold available. My only issues were; weaker than Tb gold, I had to use more bands, and don't last as long. Happy shooting.

3. Bighaze51

I just cut some new bands from this stuff. 3cm at fork tapered to 2 cm at pouch. 10 inch total length before attaching to pouch and fork, 3 bands per side. I know I'm mixing standard and metric but it just worked out for me. :) They shoot pretty good. I did order some TBG to try. Everyone says its the best do I'll find out soon!!

4. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I say tbb is best bighaze, unless using large ammo. easier pull, faster than tbg at same weight, looks better, oh the best part its half the price of tbg! I use 3/8 and 1/2 steel so i dont need to spend extra for gold.
    cheers
    dolo

5. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Yes. And they are great. I have hearse that they are equal to tbb

6. Bighaze51

I have a little bit of TBB. So far I've been impressed with it. I'm using a full sheet 10inches long on each side. It's very powerful. I've been shooting 7/16 lead out of it and I like it. But I gotta try some other stuff too. :)

7. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

I found something like that once, but they were tubular and like half an inch thick. I sliced them in half and they worked pretty well. If you don't have TB, then these will work. Also, if you need bands use surgical tubing (latex tubing). You can usually find them at hardware stores (ace hardware is where I get it); and it's pretty strong. Ideal for sling bows and sling x bows.

8. Bighaze51

I work at a nursing home. I sweet talked our supply lady into giving me some surgical tubing to fix my old marksman. I fixed that one and then discovered this forum. That stuff is really strong!

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

I must find an outlet to get some theraband where I live.