Global Trade 2014 Mk 1?

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by kohlqez, Feb 11, 2014.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I was just wondering if there's a schedule (whether concrete or tentative) for this year's global trade(s)? If there is then what is it, And if there's not then how do we decide when we have one?
    I'd be willing to arrange one if that is what it would take, (I have a lot of free time :D) if I there were one with a deadline to register to participate say, at the end of March, and a deliver by date of the last day of April would that give everyone ample time to work? And more importantly would anyone be interested in participating?

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

There is no hard and fast schedule for trades, it's just kind of something that gets discussed among the members. Having 2 trades almost back to back at the end of 2013 was probably a lot on some folks who may not be quite ready to jump on another one again. But it's worth asking to see who might be interested.

I don't think technically the Christmas trade is officially concluded. BV is running that trade and I don't think his slingshot has arrived yet. And sonnyboy I believe hasn't received his either.

3. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

I was thinking of setting up one so we could shoot right when the weather got good, but wit hake is talking sence, and if you would like to do it kholez go ahead. I woul be happy to participate.

4. Haze

Haze New Member

I will be in. Poor old Artons still doesn't have my package from Christmas and I don't have his. :mad: We blame the post. I want to go again and this time I'm posting early.

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Well I didn't know about the one immediately before the Christmas trade, maybe I'll wait another month before I begin "officially" planning a trade. But I guess it really depends on the number of responses I get to this thread. if you would like to participate in the trade just post a comment saying you're in so I know what numbers I'm dealing with.

6. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Put my name down for the next one, I had a great experience with the Xmas trade and got partnered with an awesome guy. how could i say no

7. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Very strange.
    Just now I woke up 2 hours early from a dream about global slingshot trade.

I was thinking about a larger build window, I think it was 6 months. I'd be interested but not sure I'd have something worthy by April.

8. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

9. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Maybe push back the completion date to the end of May, if you're in and you're concerned about finishing in time I recommend you start building now. All I know for sure is that there WILL be another global trade. Thanks only question is when. Start early, give it your best effort and I'll try to match people's preferences with the builders specifications at the registration deadline.

Joerg, I'd appreciate if you gave me the go-ahead to make this an "official" theslingshotforum global trade and maybe mention it in a video?

10. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

I won't be involved this time around. But the Xmas Trade had me absolutely drooling over everyone's slingshots that were received. So many talented people here. Even if I'll only be watching from the sidelines I am definitely looking forward to this.

11. Mulgarat

Mulgarat New Member

12. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Depending on the final deadline date and all that jazz I'll probably be up for it :)

13. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

How does the Global trade work? I am new to this forum so can someone explain Global trade. Thanks

14. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

You participate by announcing that you are in, you get partnered with a random participant, you and your partner build a slingshot for one another, you exchange them via postal services, you present the slingshot you got in the thread that the initiator of the global trade starts for that reason.

Also: Do not spoil the fun: no premature postings about the slingshot you build nor about the one you got.

Did I miss something?

15. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

Alright I am in once its starts!

16. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

Are you allowed to show it to other builders via PM, to see what they think?

17. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

If you REALLY want to go for it, but try to avoid it if you can. And absolutely no showing it to your trade partner for any reason!

18. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I'm going to say that the trade is a go, I assume we will get some more participants by the end of March when I'm going to draw the names and match everyone up.

19. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Self-serving bump!

20. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I'm not going to commit just yet, a couple of things are getting a lil weird in my life at the moment but I ain't saying, "No".