Getting ready for the movie trailer!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by JoergS, Aug 27, 2013.

1. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Filming for the trailer of "Zombie Wars - Last Line Of Defense" will start this Friday, near Berlin.

The job Rick and his team (40 people) have done so far is just amazing. The storyboard is piece of art and I feel needs to be a standalone comic book!

Here is a picture of me shooting my slingbow:

[​IMG]

Had to drag it out of the pile. Fresh oil, new rubber, and a Dracon enforced paracord loop - now it is as good as new. I forgot how much fun it is to shoot this thing.

[​IMG]

2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Very Nice, i love that thing, cant wait to see the movie, even if it is German!

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Movie will be in English, just like my channel.

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Holy [email protected]! Is that comming for real, Mr Joerg? I thought it was cgoing to be a little production, mostly homemeade....This is very professional stuff!
    We will need english subtittles!!! Otherwise I'll have to join the german class! I just can't miss this!

ok....I wrote too soon. Now I saw that is in english. Sorry!

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Brazilviking, no need for subtitles - the whole movie will be shot in English.

And no, it is NOT a trash project.

Here is the poster, with some names already in.

[​IMG]

Here is a bitten arm:

[​IMG]

Here a head, to be hit by the Zombie Hammer:

[​IMG]

And here is another pic from the 22 page storyboard:

[​IMG]

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

:eek:
    That look amazing! I wish you much fun on the set :cool:
    Some more Information would be great, do you want to sell it as a DVD, come it in the Cinema, or is it for Youtube?
    Sorry, I dont had the time, to follow all the things that happened... :mad:

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

5 in the morning here. Just woke up to see this. Badass!!!:D:D
    Yeah, I'm excited!

8. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

First I have to find the money for it. I paid for the movie script and the trailer production, a lot of money for me. But I need to raise much more than that for the 90 min film.

I want to raise the cash on Kickstarter (crowd funding). My idea is that people that donate 20 $ will get a DVD and those who spend 30 $ will get a Blu-ray disk with the exclusive uncut (= 18 years minimum) version. This "red" version won't ever be available elsewhere. If you want it, you have to pledge on Kickstarter.

Then I will make a 16+ version, somewhat more harmless, and try to sell it to Hulu, Netflix, amazon and so on.

Finally I will cut it into 5min episodes, make it "PG 13" and put the episodes on YouTube, for free.

Let's see!

9. Schultz

Schultz New Member

That sound great! :cool:
    I press my Thumbs that all fit, and that I get a 18+ Blue Ray soon! :cool:

10. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Excellent idea, with the special version for those who donate! That would be the best $30 bucks I've spent in a long time!:D
    Maybe an autographed edition too...?:D

11. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

As per usual on Kickstarter, there will be 100, 500, 1000 and 5000 dollar "packages" as well. For 100 dollars, you will get a slingshot on top of the DVD + Blu-ray, and for 500 dollars you will get the Blu-ray cover signed, with a signed original of the storyboard too. I haven't decided on the 1000 and 5000 dollar packages.

12. Crazylagger

Crazylagger New Member

Wow, sounds great Joerg! I expect to hear somewhere in the film a line "Thx and bye-bye" :D

I can't wait to see the trailer and also see how you will launch it on Kickstarter :)

All the best,

Crazylagger.

13. Crazylagger

Crazylagger New Member

I see a lot of people on kickstarter put as their top tiers "paid trip to the office, dinner with the creator, be part of designing, naming, releasing the product (ie Slingshot)"

Just some ideas :)

I hope this helps a bit!

14. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

Hi,

what about being part of the movie as a zombie?
    Or some kind of walk-on role.
    Just an idea.

bye.

15. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Giving roles to people is tough, my director Rick is very picky with his actors. But certainly a visit to the set, including the usual vine and dine ritual, is a possibility. Plus the big spenders will be named in the credits.

16. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

This is great! I look forward to seeing this project unfold. Long live rubber!!

17. Brazilviking

You can count on my donation, Joerg! This will be nice!!
    Let me know in case you need a middle-aged guy with several martial arts experience!:D No cache required!

18. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Trailer filming is completed, what a weekend! I am blown away by the quality of the work the team has put together. Here is a short appetizer with some of my personal "behind the scenes" material:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai1TVLFGRHU[/ame]

19. Brazilviking

Seems a very very professional team and work! I liked the "bearded Style" with the makeup.
    Amazing zombies! It may be difficult to resist shooting them for real!!!

20. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

getting serious

Just noticed these preparations being made for REALLY getting serious!

WOW!- really astonishing!- mostly regarding the fact that Jörg is about
    to make much more than a living by living his hobby. RESPECT!
    (For I still don´t dare to walk that road)

My one question is if some zombie will be decapitated by a Dire Straits vinyl???

That would be great!