Getting more Theraband?

Discussion in 'Zombie / Prepping related stuff' started by Rubberhead, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Rubberhead

Rubberhead New Member

In an apocalypse,

What are the options once the Theraband runs out? Is getting more feasible? How common is it in the medical industry, what is its lifespan if its stored properly? I guess this subject comes up now and then. Is there a solution.

2. TheNewSlingshotGuy

TheNewSlingshotGuy AKA- "The Raccoon"

Jeorg I'm pretty sure has a good 5 miles of TBG lying around somewhere. :)
    If you keep it sealed from air, moisture, and light, and keep it cool, it should last a long long time. But, latex is an organic material, so it will eventually break down no matter what you do.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Think tubes for longer term storage and sooner or later slingshots would be useless. In my book, it's for quiet-ish small game hunting in a situation where bullets are too valuable to be used on food.

4. DFNfear

DFNfear New Member

Or we go for a David Sling... ;) Easy to build but quite hard to master. In my opinion. Not the most accurate, but can do some serious damage. Always a nice backup, when runner runs out. Or maybe producing own runberbands, but I think this wouldn't be easy in the post apocalyptic world.

http://youtu.be/DNimz7JCTiI

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  5. TheDaddy187

TheDaddy187 Administrator

i would find a yew tree and whittle a bow in that kind of situation...

then paracord or bank line for the string

this is a much more sustainable weapon in a shtf situation

6. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

I would do it the good old German way as already shown in "Varus' Battle" in the Teutoburg Forest. Just use a spiked tree as a club! :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUnd9Db6Hg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUnd9Db6Hg[/ame]

7. Radar1967

Radar1967 Junior Member

Theraband Gold on Ebay for 6.00 - 9.00.. Yoiu can also get the Theraband Tubes there to. Gray is the strongest

8. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

If any online sellers survive the apocalypse I'd put money on it being Amazon, not Ebay.

9. Radar1967

Radar1967 Junior Member

LOL SO true... Thats why you start stocking up now... Hell even start stocking on ammo... Golf balls even ROFLMAO

10. sling-fu

sling-fu New Member

Yeah bullets would store better then slingshots I think. For game through great Idea because you can remain hidden in the woods for extended amounts of time without firing a shot to let everyone know where you are.

11. Radar1967

Radar1967 Junior Member

Thats why I have 2 Crossbows and am getting a 3rd for Christmas (I know... I picked it out LOL).. The quiet shot is the better shot. The quiet kill is even better. Make them wonder where you are while you are moving to a new location...

12. Redloesebob

Redloesebob Slingshot Veteran

You could use condoms if you find a intact package.

Otherwise in a apocalypse i think a broomstick with a knife attached in the front would be ideal.

And if you lucky and find a leaf spring you could build a pretty serious crossbow.

Otherwise if you find an old workshop and have enough knowledge and skills, you could build a pneumatic quick exhaust rifle with very high pressure and caliber that would do the job. (best case scenario in a apocalypse)

:p

13. Belargo

Belargo Mad Scientist

14. Radar1967

Radar1967 Junior Member

LOL Just found out that I will be spending 2 yrs at least in Physical Therapy. If I go back to the same facility as I did my last 3 surgeries I will have all of the Thera Tube Gray and Black and Thera Band Gold that I want. Last year my PT guy set me up with 20 ft of Thera Tube Gray and 20 ft of Thera Tube Blue...

15. Toolshed

Toolshed Member

Hilarious, most prepper folks are figuring out how to hit the local Wal Marts and we slingers are figuring out how to get into the Therapy offices. I like this kind of insanity!

I know the OLD bike inner tubes were used for sling materials. What about other modern day tubes like that?
    I know that hospital tourniquets are latex or latex-free banding. (LOL again thinking about others rogueing med supplies and us rogueing the tourniquets)

16. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

A agh! I haven't made a physio referral for my ankle and I'll be out of town for a few weeks. Doh!

17. oshere

oshere New Member

Most of the tractors on our farm have inner tubes inside the large tires there should be plenty of those lying around that we could cut up