getting better

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dolomite, Jan 13, 2014.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I've been shooting at cans on a string for a while now, I got tired of resetting marbles when I hit the golf tee or catchbox to closely. I noticed my accuracy had suffered a bit so I took and smashed a can then strung it up to shoot at a smaller target. After a bit I was hitting it regularly so I decided needed a change. I took a Newcastle Brown top and drilled a hole so it would hang on my can hook. My best effort resulted in a string of five straight hits whilst the cap was moving.
    P_20140112_004352.jpg

P_20140112_004434.jpg

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice shootin' D! I've not been shooting consistently enough to really drill targets but I'm hoping to get my catch box done soon so I can hopefully start up with some more consistent shooting and catch up with you guys.

3. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Respect.

How far are you shooting from and how long did it take you to start hitting bottle caps? Now there's a challenge.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

The last time I drank Newcastle Brown......oh you dont want to know what happened last time I drank Newcastle Brown!
    The brewery is only a 20 min drive from my house and that still can't entice me to drink it again!

Great shooting! Like Withak Im nowhere near that consistant yet and shooting a moving target is no mean feat! Nice one :)

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

It's about 22ft from across my shop. Shop is 25 ft and I'm at the rollup door. When I put the first cap up, it took two shots to hit. Then I missed a few. Once I got my p.o.a. down it was more hits than misses. The next night I put up a new cap and clipped the side with the first shot, then kept it moving for 4 more in a row. I've been shooting at small targets on and off since the global trade mk2, early September I think. When the weather gets better(I'm at 4,000ft) I plan on moving out into the driveway to 33ft. I'm foolishly trying to
    up my skill into the ballpark with Mr. Arturo and Saderath(this will most likely never happen).

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Card cuts and match lighting are next!

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Very nice! I wish I had someone here to help with my accuracy.

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great shooting D! Very impressive stuff, I doubt I could even see a bottle cap at 22 feet, let alone hit it with a slingshot!
    I have been applying this concept to my archery practice though, and have indeed noticed a big improvement.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very impressive shooting D. Right now I would be happy if I can consistently nail a soda can at 11.5 feet.

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Thanks bro! I've heard the saying "aim small, miss small" before but never realized the wisdom until recently.

11. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Aim small

Had a shot at a beer can (not ready for a crown cork yet) from 20m (65") 10m and 5m. Dented the can with 8mm steel from 20m so rotated less to 20m and more to 5m (16'). Only started to cut when the can hammered flat in places.

Loved 20m as it was sheer magic to hear a ting! after what seemed an age in the air. The frustration of aiming at and missing small targets is made up by hitting bigger targets with relative ease.

So aim small with tears and hit big with laughter.

Attached Files:

12. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

More time needed

Attached Files:

13. PaulPawx3

PaulPawx3 Member

I could probably hit that cap at 22 feet if I was shooting a basketball for ammo :D

14. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Great shooting!- You go the right way!

respect for that!

Chapeau,
    kind regards,

Be