German Slingshot Laws

Discussion in 'Laws and Regulations' started by Lars, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Lars

Lars The Evil Genious

no slingshots with wrist supporting functions

TRU-FS-1_1__68302.1299717861.1280.1280.jpg

and no hunting and no fishing with bows, crossbows, slingshots and similar stuff

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Schleuder-Willy

Schleuder-Willy New Member

I know in germany slingshots with a wrist support are not allowed.

But how about slingbows?
    "normal" bows are "sportsequipment", does anyone here know if "slingbows" are as well would be seen as "sportsequipment"?

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

In Germany, judges get a lot of leeway in interpreting the law as long as there is no ruling by the superior court and no clear general opinion in legal literature (e.g. in well established peer review law magazines).

One judge may say a slingbow is a slingshot because rubber is used as a propellant, and slab a hefty fine on you. Another judge may let you go.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Just out of curiosity does a regular, plain lanyard count as a wrist support in Germany or would that be down to the individual judge too?

5. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

It's the way the german laws system works. The wording of the law as it is mostly vague. It's the judges that interpret them if a case shows up in court. As long as there was no precedential case, it should be legal. But i can't say if there was any yet.

6. Knallfrosch

Knallfrosch Senior Member

If i remember correctly, any attachement that may increase the precision of the slingshot is prohibited as well, right?
    A.K.A. Laserpointers, Flashlights and such stuff.