General Band Question

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Gates1763, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Gates1763

Gates1763 New Member

I was wondering short of breaking when do you know the bands need replacing? Also, when you replace bands do you ever reuse the pouch or is it always new band and new pouch combo

2. PandaMan

PandaMan New Member

You can tell by looking at the bands for small tears and other signs of wear (like if it turns a lighter colour). Usually it will tear at the pouch end, but you must be careful because it can tear at the fork end. If the bands break there whilst you are drawing out the bands then they would hit you.<br>Wearing goggles is always a good idea.<br><br>As for pouches, I don't see any reason not to reuse them. That is as long as they show no signs of breaking.

3. Gates1763

Gates1763 New Member

what type of material is best for pouch material when it does need to be replace?

4. PandaMan

PandaMan New Member

Leather is best in my opinion.<br>If you get the right leather, it is strong, flexible and provides a good grip. A leather pouch will usually last a while.

5. Gates1763

Gates1763 New Member

what type of leather and how thick?

6. PandaMan

PandaMan New Member

Cow leather works, about 1mm (maybe slightly less) thick.<br>I have heard good things about kangaroo leather, but that's more expensive and harder to get your hands on.

7. e_monster55

e_monster55 New Member

Hey, I was wondering, which is better? Theraband BANDS? or Theraband TUBES? I've seen both in Jorg's vids, and I've seen charts on bands but no solid info for the various forms of tubing. Help please and if you can, spread the word, this information might also help others who wish to make an educated choice.

8. SkauneJohan

SkauneJohan Member

POWER=therabands<br><br>durability and last long time before tearing= theratubes