G-flexing

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by dolomite, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

so i got the gflex epoxy nathan uses on his stuff, seems like the best of all worlds. The company west system actually encourages experementation with their products then to report back to them so they can help other folks with their projects. so i made 2 pfs blanks to be referred to as twins seperated at birth, one is staying with me and one is going to live in brazil with BV;). they are oak/purpleheart cut on the bias with 1/4in aluminum plate as the backside of the fork. my good laptop crashed so i can't post pics yet(backup laptop is just tihs). If anyone has experience or tips with gflex, lets hear it. I did the "abrade through wet epoxy" method as explained in the directions pamphlet.

2. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hi Dolo,

i kindli request some visual evidence :)

(no way toretrieve that old hdd?- just two screws?-- yes, I am an egoist :) )

Greetings,

Be

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

you come off rude lately, i hope a few compliments didn't cloud your vision. not everyone is a computer tech, some of us have to take it to the guy who does this for a living.

4. BeMahoney

Pardon me!- What i failed to communicate is that I am just curious to see
    what I am confident you have created in high quality!- therefore calling myself
    an egoist, well knowing a wrecked up laptop is 0.00% fun (tried to encourage
    you to, if available, mount that hdd to a mobile case, which is probably really
    just two screws.)

Concerning "clouded vision", I must say that, although recently going thru really
    hard times I am perfectly aware of the respect, enthusiasm, kindness, helpfullness
    and yes compliments you (also meaning YOU personally) all gave to me,
    which feels an felt like coming home!- if you know what I mean?

I DID NOT MEAN to come off rude or hurt anbodys feelings
    (this is not my mothers tongue!)

Please don´t get me wrong, I´m really happy to have found a place with
    people like you (all) meeting an sharing mostly JOY!

let me thank YOU for that.

It would be a pleasure to help you out with your computer.

"Once a craftsman, always a craftsman"

5. BeMahoney

craftsman

For that "coming to fix, what your husband repaired" ad on that car is still in
    my mind, I have to admit that I´m not able to fix everything! Yet I believe,
    the skills gathered in this forum could do a LOT!

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

it's cool man, i just don't know computers well and i thought you were getting down on me for lack of knowledge. The mobile case thing was like alien language to me. It's my wifes anyway so she'll just take it to the guy. Anyway, sometimes i get a little defensive, guess i just took you wrong. I've always enjoyed your quirky style and dry humor and you fit in the asylum just fine. I've had some trying times as well, as my best mate used to say, keep your P.M.A(positive mental attitude) and you can weather nearly anything. trust i know what you mean about the people here, it's quite nice.

7. BeMahoney

succeeded to fix that!

I like this, I like Dolomite :)

thanks for re-synchronising!

8. BeMahoney

in case you feel comfortable with me asking..

what happened to that laptop?

9. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Not sure but it gets caught in a loop whilst trying to boot. the windows insignia doesn't show up just a blank screen, then it goes like the screen is off, finally to go to the acer startup screen and do the whole thing over sand over again. waaaay above my tech level. for some reason the tools of my trade (framing hammer, nail gun, sledge,etc.)don't seem correct for the job of fixing but it'd be fun trying!

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

What kind of crazyness is going on here?

11. BeMahoney

Heat?

Two days ago my wife´s PC dindn´t work no more!
    -opened it to see: the CPU-cooler had fallen off due to a broken notch..
    (a "rude"screw and a piece of wire fixed that.. for the next decade ;)...)

laptop could act like that due to some dust blocking the graphics-card/ CPU fan!

Kindly suggesting: Take the vacuum-cleaner to suck out anything thru the
    ventilation openings- / enable the machine to breathe!-
    wouldn´t it be nice if that was it?

(such a PC- system does a lot to protect itself...)

just tried to be helpful,

best regard,

Be

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

BV,Just a misunderstanding between friends my brother, all is well. I'm sending one of the blanks with your forks. BTW, pm sent.