funny but educational video (Giant Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Various other stuff' started by Silversurfer, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Silversurfer

Silversurfer New Member

Be carefull if you do something like that with stones or steelballs. Would be deadly...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Xg_3WpYZY&hd=1[/ame]

What was her mistake?

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

yeah i watched this live and almost peed my pants xD
    She twisted the pouch too much vertically I guess.

3. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

4. Silversurfer

Silversurfer New Member

Ok sorry...thread can be deleted.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I'm glad you mentioned that Joerg - I had not seen that blog post before, but I had seen the video. Back in the summer when I was trying to make an apple shooter, I made almost all the same rookie mistakes on my design as they did on the show. I didn't get an RTS, but I did experience the shot getting wrapped up in the bands/pouch and dropping at my feet. I also got a serious fork hit. You did a very nice job of carefully analyzing the cause of the fail.

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That blog entry helped me learn a lot of fundamental things early on in my slingshooting. Like Withak, it saved me a bunch of trouble (and possible pain).

Hopefully this thread will lead others to the blog, so don't be sorry you posted it.

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Thanks for mentioning your blog post Joerg, I hadn't seen that prior to today either. Great breakdown of the fail reasons!

8. Silversurfer

Silversurfer New Member

The video also shows...Heads are much stronger as Watermelons!:D:D:D Forget about the watermelon-penetration-tests.;)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013