The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since i have seen lovely slingshots from shiny aluminum, i wanted one for myself.:D

My first try was a cast aluminum slingshot from my Raven template... it was a superb cast, with very little surface-bubbles...but i wanted the perfect shine :cool:. And i wanted my new favorite template, the Starfighter.

So the only way to get that, was, to cut one from a commercially made aluminum plate...
And, you guess it, the starfighter frame has a height of about 45 mm. Thats one big plate!
I bought a band saw and cut the basic shape from the aluminum block.
I shaped the rest with dremel-grinder disk and by hand ... i should have bought a better tool for that... :rolleyes:
The first pictures are the first finished version of this project... in the late summer 2018.
I was quite pleased with the handling, the clamp attachment is not perfect, but it works.
But there was always the feel... that cannot be the end...
See the pictures and then the story continues:D
Full Metal new - block.jpg
Full Metal new - block cut1.jpg
Full Metal new - block cut2.jpg
Full Metal - 01.jpg
Full Metal - 03.jpg
Full Metal - 06.jpg
Full Metal - 08.jpg
Full Metal - 10.jpg

·
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i decided to give the frame a workover and did some minor corrections to the grip itself...
This time i was pleased enough to give it a proper Logo as well...
Now this is the finished version to date...

Thanks for watching.
Full Metal new - 01.jpg
Full Metal new - 02.jpg
Full Metal new - 03.jpg
Full Metal new - 04.jpg
Full Metal new - 05.jpg
Full Metal new - 06.jpg
Full Metal new - 08.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
TTF taught me to shoot to improve my technique and style. Start with the Pocket Predator Scorpion and work towards the cast Pro Shot Ranger and Pocket Ranger.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am sorry. I don´t sell slingshots. And my trade - schedule is full at least to the end of this year. :oops:
But i can recommend to browse the shop of Pro-shot catapults.
https://proshotcatapults.com/index.php?route=common/home
they have a lot of popular frames in aluminum , brass and bronze. Maybe you find something you like, there.:)
Great lead, for a "heads-up" on the slingshot world, browsing all those designs was great.
Jeremiah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts