Friendship...the best gift ever!

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Will, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

It started with a rather cryptic message from my good friend Withak. Essentially, it told me to go and check my mailbox. Now, let me explain. I was very puzzled, as I had already received two fantastic shooters from him, and was very curious as to what could be lurking in that lonely steel box that sits beside a lonely country road. I pulled my truck over and retrieved a very heavy package. When I pulled up to my trailer, I opened the mystery box and was completely stunned. Shocked. Speechless. Moved well beyond words. Inside lay a letter describing how Withak and BeMahoney had sent messages around to my friends on the forum on my behalf, asking them to help me have a happy Christmas. 'Tough guy' that I am, I will not lie, tears fell. Nobody has ever done anything like this for me. Nobody could have prepared me for this amount of kindness and love.
    I unwrapped each piece and held each in my hands. These are far more than just slingshots to me. These are hours of work and skill and patience that I held.
    Thank you so very much, my friends.

Attached Files:

2. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

:) u must be a very good man :D

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I arranged these in a circle to represent my friends here. There is no particular order in the arrangement. However, on the second photo, starting from 12' o'clock:
    Obl1v1Aus killer tactical slingshot. This is the forward grip from an AR rifle, combined with a super bright flashlight and using the picatinny mount as the fork. Ingenuity anyone? ?
    Next comes the beautiful shooter from Flipgun. If anyone here has had the good fortune to hold and shoot one of his creations, they know how amazing they are.
    Next is 'yin and yang' slingshot from Flicks. This is a shooter that has lived in my imagination for a long time. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to come up with a design that could replicate this design. A truly amazing piece of work.
    Next up, Dolomite's 'One Hour Challenge' winner. What a beauty. if you had told me this took no longer than an hour to build, I would have called you a bloody liar!
    On the menu next is Brazilviking's 'infamous' eye poker! Now, this particular slingshot is hard enough to nearly blind a martial arts master like BV! However, when one grabs hold of this animal, it suddenly feels like an extension of ones arm. There is zero tension from the bands, all forces of torsion are perfectly in line with the skeleton muscle structure of the arm. With this design, I feel strong enough to pull back a dozen layers of TBG!

4. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

I remember the sentence "We want to make him cry because of joy" at a certain meeting in the Pott.
    Seems they did a pretty good job. Enjoy these Will.

5. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I am truly humbled by the generosity you all have shown Will. Withak and the rest who gave to this gift, bless everyone of you for you kind and giving hearts. And I am proud and honored to be allowed to a part of this forum and the community of SSC. GG guys.
    PS I'm not going to lie my eye water up reading Will's post

6. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Did you notice the W in the bark I left between the forks? I made it for the challenge but for you the whole time. Enjoy, my brother.

Sent from my ME173X using Slingshot Forum mobile app

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Amazing group of guys on this board!

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Following that is an amazing 'shark shooter' courtesy of Schultz! Now, this baby is designed to launch fish bait to an exact location. I tested this out today, and sent a shrimp nearly halfway across the mighty Columbia!
    Next up are a pair of shooters that are near and dear to my heart. These come from Withak. The first is 'chocolate and vanilla' and then a great BB shooter cut from bamboo. Thank you so much for these! This BB shooter has provided me many hours of entertainment during a wet and cold day in Oregon!
    Next up is a Rambone from Joerg himself! Has anyone here not held this model yet?? I really suggest you purchase one without delay! When this sits in your hand, you really feel as though you can conquer the world with a slingshot alone!

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

That is why I freaking love this forum.

10. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

This is the reason I love this forum, best guys ever, heh I wish there was a ssc convention :)

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Next is a hammerhead carved from bongassi wood built by Lars. I had no idea that this baby could feel so good in the hand! When I first picked this up, I didn't want to let go of it. It shoots fantastically! !

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

The next shooter is from our very own 'master of multiplex.' Be creative, Be amazing, BeMahoney! I was blown away when I saw this on the forum, but trust me, photos do no justice to this baby! An incredible shooter!
    Then comes a killer metal PFS design from Slingpit, a man who has been a friend to me since I joined this site as a total beginner to the slingaddiction! Check out skull that is hand-engraved in the mirror-polished shine!! Amazing, I love it!
    Is any slingshot enthusiast complete without some great tunes? Negative!! Coming from WildBill comes his CD 'Not my first album'

13. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Thank you all so very much for all of the kindness you've shown me. I have a pretty good command of the language, however, words fail me here. Thank you all so very, very much.

14. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

I did feel kinda silly sending off a home-spun CD instead of a slingshot, but at least one of the songs is SS related.

Will, you're good people. Thank you for being you- for your encouragement, support, enthusiasm and, most of all, your strength of character. Would that all learn from you how to live a life of humble strength.

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  15. codido187

codido187 New Member

Beautiful friendship not the material aspect but friends coming together for one friend :)

16. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

My friend, please never feel silly, ever! These are very kind words Bill, and they mean the world to me. Thank you so much!

17. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Everything about this just makes me so glad. And what a first class arsenal!

You bring much to this forum Will, with your thoughtful, eloquent posts. You deserve to enjoy those babies to the fullest!

I was already impressed with the high caliber of the people on here, but wow.
    Nice work Be, Withak, and everyone else for pulling this all together on the sly:cool:

18. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Friendship really is the best gift a guy can get.
    And I'll admit I was grinning like the cheshire cat when I posted that shooter to go in the bundle, something about doing this for someone can really turn your whole week around for the better!

Oh and FYI, I dont recommend trying to post a parcel to another country while grinning ear to ear. I'm pretty sure I'm on a watchlist somewhere now :D

19. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Wow, you guys are more genuine, selfless and generous than anyone I've met in 'real' life. What a wonderful place it is here!

20. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Brother, I am glad you enjoyed this. Your pleasure and joy is our own.