Frankenstein's slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Hardtimes, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

I've spent the last two weeks obsessed on the concept of making a slingshot that could do these things:

*get rid of the weakpoint where the band meets the frame
    *create a sight picture is very easy to use
    *generate a higher velocity
    *and, most importantly, have an arrow rest that is fixed but falls away as the arrow begins its flight.

My first prototype actually works better than I could have hoped.

What I wanted to do was use rotating arms to solve most of these issues. I still need to get a Launch in slow motion but from arrow trajectory (which is perfect) it is falling away as the arrow passes. Note is time to improve it and especially the arrow rest. Please help me if you can.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

cool idea!

by thinking of how a fall-away arrow rest on bows work, i would attach the tubes/bands as normal to the frame and put just a spring-loaded pivoting rest that is somehow attached to the first few centimeters of the bands/tubes with a piece of cord.

might be no good idea, because this would effect the bands/tubes in many ways.

3. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

'
    This is of course a prototype but I will definitely give that Idea a try. I think there is some real potential in a rotating arm concept. I'll upload my sketch-up design when I finally finish it. I think I've go the arm shape worked out. Also I have solved the band wrapping itself around the arms while firing(yes they move that well) by creating a stop that only lets each arm move around 120 degrees.

What I need to figure out is an arrow rest design that can be moved to either arm (for right and left handed) and hold the arrow while being loaded so that it is easier to clip in.

Cheers.

4. Great Recycling Slingshot!

Joe

5. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

this was the other idea i had.

fall away arrow rest.PNG

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Love the way you repurposed all the parts. It looks great.
    Trumark uses a rotating forktip to solve tube wear issues--sounds logical to me.

Maybe just a 3 toothbrush wisker biscuit out in front that hinges up and stays in place for arrows.

Keep track of your tube life and let us know if it prolongs them.
    Those look like ones that came with my daisy wristrocket from walmart. They lasted a lot of shots, weeks worth with light ammo.

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I love metal monsters and Unorthodox models! Congratulations!