Forum problems with windows phone.

Discussion in 'About the Forum' started by VWscooby, Aug 13, 2015.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I am having issues with pretty much everything forum related when viewing it on a windows phone. Is there an app or some way of stopping it from crashing every time I open a thread or try to post?
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't have a computer anymore and I'm missing the forum:(

2. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

As far as I can see, this forum does not support Tapatalk. Maybe we can convice the admins to install a plugin in the long run. Meanwhile try using another browser e.g. "dolphin" browser or "google chrome".

3. kindlebear

kindlebear Slinger of Shots

The forum somehow runs on taptalk engine ( android app) everything related is saved under tapatalk in the internal storage... I've never used tapatalk on this phone....

4. seppman

Oh is it? I did not find it...

Edit: we were talking windows phone here, not android or ios...

5. kindlebear

kindlebear Slinger of Shots

I know that. Just saying...

I'm using a win tablet 8.1
    No problems so far... Are you using Windows phone or win 8 on you mobile?

6. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

There is a android app that I use all the time.

7. seppman

Not very helpful on a windows phone, though. :)
    At least aslong as he does not want to experiment a little. There is a way to run Android apps on a windows phone, but it is not very userfriendly to install.
    Scoobs give me a PM, if you want to try it (but you will need a computer to install it once!).

I wonder why there is no app for windows phone for this forum aswell. There is at least a windows phone 8.1 tapatalk app...

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I installed Opera and can view the forum but the phones auto correct doesn't work on it which is bound to get tiresome, I really hate small touchscreens. More time editing than typing. Not sure if its a windows phone or has windows installed. Its a lumia 535 if that helps? All I want to do is use the forum again :(