Forearm Sling bow/Compound bow 2x4 and small skateboard parts

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by Bolt_Action, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Bolt_Action

Bolt_Action New Member

OK! So, i have this long piece of 2x4 and some old skateboard parts, wheels/attachment bracket, nuts. However i'm having a few issues. I have smallish arms for one, (wrist bone to elbow is about 11in) that and i want to use the 4 wheels as the cams of a compound bow. (i'm thinking of dremeling 2 grooves through the surface of the wheels and cutting down the sides to make them flat. but i'm thinking of mounting them into the sides of the frame or on top of the frame. However i can't seem to get a clear idea of how to exactly do that. I'm aware i will have to buy/gather other parts such as bolts, locking nuts, washers, rubber bands, strings, etc. But if anyone can help me out that would be a great help. Some drawings or some blue print ideas would be awesome. The key thing i'm looking for is as low profile is possible within reason of course, and maximum power.

oh and i had a thought i forgot to mention. (Optional design) I would like to make a shoulder harness of sorts that would allow me to recharge the bow by drawing my arms across my body. simple explanation; string attached to the D-Loop, leads up the back of the forearm, across the shoulders and down the other arm or perhaps to the back of one's belt. Just thought it would be cool to be able to move a certain way to charge the bow instead of messing with an awkward tool.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Was this inspired by Jörg's skateboard slingshot?

3. Bolt_Action

Bolt_Action New Member

It was more of the assassin's creed wrist mounted bow. I just happened to look at my compound and an old busted skateboard. Lol

4. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Why did I read "Forehead slingbow"? Oh Jeb what have you done! :)

5. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Cool concept. Have a look at what Jörg did as it might give you some more ideas.

6. Bolt_Action

Bolt_Action New Member

I have an idea of how i want to do it. But i'm having problems with the blue print. I may have to upscale to a 3x4 or a 4x4 to accommodate the wheels. The wheels i'm working with are far smaller than the ones Joerg used. More ovular but i'm more than likely going to grind that curve down on the sides and cut in the two grooves to make them into cams. This afternoon i'll see if i can get pictures and upload what i'm working with.

The other big problem is how i'm going to do the sear/trigger assembly to go with the charging mechanism. I'm thinking of running in a separate hole just above the trigger string but that may weaken the frame too much. Going to suck major if this thing snaps on my arm. lol

7. Bolt_Action

Bolt_Action New Member

Here's the materials i'm currently working with in the attachments. :)

Attached Files: