folding idea

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by greenevegiebeast, Jul 8, 2013.

1. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

I have an idea for a folding sling shot in mind. The ultamate goal would be for it to eather fit,or attach to the top of a walking stick. I was thinking a steel folding fork. Using a spring ball detent to lock them in pisition. As soon as I get some decent sketches I will post them.

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Although it isn't a folding design, you could experiment with a removable fork that can quickly be installed atop your walking stick. You should look at the work of Schultz, he has become a real genius of the removable fork design.

3. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Thx my friend ;)

I use 2 Methods and i think you can make it very Simple.
    Drill a hole through the Fork and the Handle and cut in a Thread.
    So you can attached your Fork with a Screw but you have to take a thick Screw,
    and you need a Screw key.
    Alternatively, you could also filing the Handle a bit so that it did hold the Fork,
    so you dont need a Srew key.
    Or you use it as Slingbow and take a Wingnut as Arrowrest.
    On this Way you can attached it very fast with your hand and maybe you can carry an Arrow in your walking stick with you ;)

I'm looking forward to see as the Walking stick will look like :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. Nice Slingshotforks for changing!

Joe

5. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

I recently made a stalking stick shooter.

Instead of trying to make a folding 'Y' frame or a detachable fork, I decided to use deer antler for the handle of the walking stick and utilise the natural 'Y' shape to act as my catapult fork. I used a paracord "bunny ear" type loop system and then the bands attach to that using leather wrap around spacers to prevent excess friction wearing the bands. I found this to be the best way as it is a permanent fixture of the walking stick and the bands can be removed if required.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I've been projecting something like that....

7. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

8. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]lets see if this works if not il try a difrent way concept drawings