Flooring Sample Voting Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Withak, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Heck, forget about 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, I'm holding out for 9th!

2. Whittler

Whittler New Member

I totally agree, a lot of very nice shooters came out of this competition

3. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

I let my granddaughter pick her favorites, and I didn't get a vote from her either. Apparently I really need to work on my photography skills, she didn't even notice mine in the pictures and it is her favorite slingshot I have built. Whittler was her pick and mine .

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

All right Friend and Neighbors! The Hour has passed. This has to be one of the best challenges in terms of the quality of shooters presented and the number of people that are taking a real benefit away from it. Withak was so gracious to set up the voting thread which saved me major stress and embarrassment. Now I have found out that Our Brother bigdh2000 has been tracking the results on a spread sheet and has offered to post the results! Hot Damn! What A group of people! Major Thanx to everyone! I can't wait to see the results.

FIRE AT WILL DAN! or anyone else that you please.:D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

NO!! He is not to be given permission to fire at me!!

6. Flipgun

Well, you know how much we like permission around here. I'm sure that you are safe. pretty safe. Umm, Dang.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Tell you what, I'm gonna duck and cover until this voting crap blows over!:D

8. jdhood1

jdhood1 Jeremy Hood

That is awesome!

9. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

Standard voting rules apply. Each first place vote received three (3) points, each second place vote received two (2) points and each third place vote received one (1) point. If someone comes along who decides to give everyone a tie, the voting total was summed and divided by the number of entries listed. For example, Withak listed three pieces and indicated they were all equal, therefore, (3+2+1)/3 = 2 points for each player he listed. Sum up the points and the highest total wins.

First Place: Whittler - CONUS Chess Board - 68 Points
    Second Place: BigDH2000 - Homage to a Magpie (Entry #3) - 30 Points
    Third Place: Will - Study in Walnut and Oak - 23 Points

Thanks to all for fantastic entries and a great competition. Congratulations to Whittler for great winning entry.

And, most importantly, a special thanks to Flipgun for both the idea and hosting the competition.

10. jasonmusic1

jasonmusic1 Member

Congratulations guys!

11. Whittler

Whittler New Member

AWESOME!!!!!! I'd like to give a special thanks to Flipgun for starting this challenge, as well as the Smack Talk Duo of Big Dan and Will for giving me the motivation to enter it. I'm very grateful to all of you for voting me to first place! Thanks, Dave:)

12. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

A huge congratulations to Mr. Whittler! A win duly won! And to all who entered, Bravo!!!

-Wild Bill

13. Flipgun

What a Finish! Congratulations to all of you! Damn! Ya'll are gonna be insufferable for a week or two. Well deserved all around!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyqRP8S93Y[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hey, let's give it up to Dave (aka Whittler)!
    The man came out of the woodwork, at the last minute, and kicked the living $hit out of everyone! I know I have to bow down to that kind of skill!
    Congratulations brother, you won this, hands down!

15. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I guess you and I are just gonna have to arm wrassle for the next winner Dave! :)

16. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Congrats Dave! You deserved this win SO much! Thx everyone for all the awsome shooters and lots of inspiration for upcoming builds. As promised before, I will show you my shooter that I orginally planned to enter in this competition before Be knocked me down with a ladder. :) As soon as my hand feels a little better, I will start finishing it. That's the least I can do...

17. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Congratulation to winners and thanks to all participants and to FlipGun.

18. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Congratulations Whittler! That was a well-won competition. It took a next-level build to knock out the amazing stuff that showed up in this competition. Great stuff Whittler, and everyone else!

Paul, thanks for putting this on. It gave me another kick in the pants to get a build done, and that's always a good thing.

All I have to say is, I chose all of the winners, 1, 2 and 3. I guess that goes to show I've got some good taste ;) :D

19. GunGuy

GunGuy Active Member

Congrats I will have to get you're a$$es next time.

20. MadeOfSteel

MadeOfSteel New Member

Congrats Whittler! It is absolutely beautiful!