Flipgun's gift!!

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Brazilviking, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Some time ago, Flipgun wanted to make the peroba brazilian oil finish trial, comparing it to the tru-oil.
    I've sent him the peroba oil and he sent me a package in return...about 2 months ago!
    It never came....we both thougth that it was lost......when suddenly....the mailman knocked at my door!!!
    It made me stop building and keep shooting until the end of the afternoon! I love this chubby handle shooters!!!!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      160.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      160.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      158.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Brazilviking

Tru-oil on the left, peroba oil on the right!

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Everyone is getting gifts be and withak Arturo you great looking shooters great job flipy

J

4. Henrique

Henrique New Member

Incrivel Raul!

Amazing!

5. Brazilviking

Tenho feito muitas trocas e ganhado/mandado muitos presentes!
    Participar aqui é muito divertido!

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Wow, really nice slingshots. I can see the difference in the oil. And those are great looking shooters Flip! I should take a moment to mention that Flip and I did a little 'mini' trade recently. If you recall that yellow PVC PFS he made, well, he offered to send me some of that yellow PVC. That stuff is THICK. Can't wait until I get a little more time to work with it.

I'm really enjoying watching all these trades. Can't wait for the Christmas trade coming soon!

7. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Great slingshots from an amazing craftman.
    Well done!

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Very nice work! I particularly like the 'teardrop' look of the handles. Very sporty.

-Wild Bill

9. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I thank everyone for the kind words! I had thought them lost and when I read B.V.'s message that they had finally arrived I actually Cheered!

10. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

I really like the matte finish of the Peroba oil, I've never been a huge fan of high gloss finishes. that said the tru-oil finish looks brilliant as well.
    You're a lucky guy BV, and flipgun you deserve ever accolade you receive for these.

11. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Awesome work Flip. Good that the package finally arrived. I am with Obl1v1Aus - I really like the silky matte finish with the peroba oil.

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Very nice Flipgun!! Nice way to compare the the different oils!

I think the Tru-Oils shine is very nice, but the Peroba Oil brings out the colour of the ply in a very nice way.

13. Otees

Otees Another Member

Great work flipgun. If I had to choose between the two I would take both (I'm indecisive like that)

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Thanx guys. I tried to make them as close to exactly alike as I could for a finish comparison.