Flat Band Help

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Berkeleykid, May 7, 2013.

1. Berkeleykid

Berkeleykid New Member

Hi, New to slingshots but invested into a mat and a rotary cutter. However im finding it extremely difficult to cut the bands straight and on the first pass. Any tips and tricks i could try? Thanks.

2. kenyon-slingshots

kenyon-slingshots New Member

cut along a ruller using the squares on the cutting mad to guide you and even tape the ruller to the mat

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Glue a thin strip of sandpaper to the bottom edge of the ruler. Move your mat closer to the edge of the table so that you can hook your thumb under the edge. This lets you put more finger pressure on the ruler. Make sure that your fingers are out of the way and make 1 smooth continuous stroke with the cutter. press firmly but don't muscle down on it. Cutting bands is like any other skill. Practice and time. My first bands looked like I had chewed them off of the sheet.;)

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

thanx for this great tip! :) 'till now i always got spasms in my fingers from pressing down the ruler. :mad:

5. Berkeleykid

Berkeleykid New Member

Thanks guys, i'll make sure to try some of these tips out. i think my problem was i was muscling down on the bands.